Author Topic: Struggling and in need of nap/ bed time help  (Read 672 times)

Offline mummyW

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Struggling and in need of nap/ bed time help
« on: July 05, 2015, 20:43:05 pm »
Hello all, hoping you experienced mummies can offer some advice as to where we're going 'wrong' with naps and bed time for our LO who's 16 months old.

Our current routine is:
6.30/7 wake up
7.30 breakfast
10ish 2 hour nap
12 lunch
5.30 dinner
7 bath
7.30 bottle then bed

I'm pretty sure she is getting over tired by bedtime but I now can't get her to go down for an afternoon nap no matter what I do!

Morning nap she goes down no bother, usually stands up a couple of times and then just nods off. She doesn't have a dummy but does have a little teddy with a blanket that she sleeps with (chews on!)

Bedtime is a nightmare, my husband tends to rely on her falling asleep with the bottle, if she doesn't it's now taking 30-45 minutes standing up and crying before she falls asleep between 8 and half past.

I've never rocked her to sleep, even as a tiny baby so now can't as she hates it so we now use PU/PD to get her to sleep.

I really want to sort this before she goes into a big bed or she'll just be out of the bed constantly! Plus I'm currently 15 weeks pregnant with our second and I'm exhausted!

Please help us! We're both really struggling with bedtime.

Hopefully that's enough information for someone to offer us some advice. Thanks

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: Struggling and in need of nap/ bed time help
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 20:46:12 pm »
I would push her one nap gradually later so you have a shorter A time before bed.

Offline 4 under 5

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Struggling and in need of nap/ bed time help
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 20:48:19 pm »
I wonder could you move her nap forward, might help spread thecday out more evenly. maybe something like

6.30am wake
12pm-2pm nap
7.30 bed?

Would that work?