Author Topic: Short nights  (Read 3444 times)

Offline trimbler

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
Re: Short nights
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2015, 20:41:22 pm »
Yeah thanks I'd heard that too, good to think positively about it :D The other thing I've heard, no idea if it's true though, is that they're more likely to come all at once - not so keen on that idea :P

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2015, 21:05:10 pm »
We are stuffed then - 14 teeth already at 12 months!!!  Going to have a toothless wonder by age 12 ::) :D

Offline newkidontheblock

• Showing Appreciation 42
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2015, 02:05:29 am »
That's a positive way of looking at it, Kelly:) thank you

Yesterday
8-WU
1.20-3: nap
BT- 7.15
Up for the day at 6.30.

Offline trimbler

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2015, 06:31:42 am »
Ok, how was the night - short, I know, but any NWs? How does she seem this morning? Personally I'd have probably capped the nap a little less, so keeping 2h at least, to push BT a little more, what do you think?

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2015, 06:45:51 am »
I wouldn't call that a short night, 11h15 mins really is pretty acceptable though granted not a long night like she was doing before.  But she only had a total of just over 9.5h A time, perhaps she wasn't tired enough to sleep any longer yk?

Offline Kellyjs

• Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2015, 07:27:56 am »
Totally agree with Katherine. That's a great night! Hows her mood this morning?

And Katherine, Ben will love it! He'll be losing all his teeth before his school friends and be loaded with money from the tooth fairy  ;). The opposite for you two though, they'll wonder why the tooth fairy hasn't come for them yet!!  :P

Not so sure about them coming all at once, but suppose every bubba is different. Personally I think I'd prefer that, a couple of months of agro rather than endless years of it  ;) :D x

Offline trimbler

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2015, 08:31:18 am »
Oh yes sorry I completely misread and thought she was down at 8pm rather than 7.15! :-[

Katherine I certainly haven't envied you with all that teething this year, at least he'll be done with it soon ;)

Offline newkidontheblock

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2015, 12:43:54 pm »
1h15 mins really is pretty acceptable
I totally agree. 6-6.30 is acceptable but that blasted 5.30 is killing me. However, still a short night for her yk? But I think it is a case of sleep needs having dropped and so she is overall needing only 13-13.5
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 12:45:42 pm by newkidontheblock »

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2015, 14:24:25 pm »
We are in totally the same place Fleur, it's horrible.  5.30 is my every day right now though :( :( but with naps here there and everywhere consistency is harder.  Not my thread though! 

My thought would be for Eris if she does 13-13.5 as a total then work a routine around that based on desired and acceptable WU time.  So if desired WU is 7, but 6.30 would be ok, then wake her every day by 7 and nap is at 12/12.30.  Wake from nap by 2.30, and then BT at 7.30pm.  That gives her 5.5h A, 2-2.5h nap, and 11-11.5h at night. 

Offline newkidontheblock

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2015, 15:24:45 pm »
Good plan. I MUST wake her at 7am:p  But as soon as I decide that she one ups me and wakes at 5.30 and will not settle. Lol. Okay, so I had actually thought of something similar - nap ending at 2.30 latest. But I'm a bit worried about pushing BT to 7.30. I will try it though:)

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2015, 15:48:47 pm »
Good luck Fleur, I'm no expert (if I was B wouldn't wake constantly at awful o'clock....) but fingers crossed on such good naps it will work well for Eris xx

Offline newkidontheblock

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2015, 16:01:34 pm »
Thank you, Katherine. Fingers and toes crossed for you too :-*

Offline newkidontheblock

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2015, 15:19:01 pm »
Hi ladies. Just updating. Still getting the EWs on some days. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it or any reason TBH. So either we have an EW and we keep her down till normal WU or at least keep her in bed till then or we oversleep.To be absolutely frank, I am unable to WU on time nowadays. I'm so very tired and I sleep through the alarm (or I'm already up with her) I am giving up on a fixed WU time but BT is pretty fixed between & & 7.30. I don't think any tweaking is going to fix this because she isn't OT/nap isn't too early/ any of the other reasons. Many toddlers seem to go through this phase, right?

Offline ginger428

• Showing Appreciation 16
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2015, 18:10:41 pm »
Are you capping the nap at 2:30 now? Glad you did end up between 7 and 7:30. Your bravery paid off! ;)
You mentioned that you pushed the day later on my thread... do you mean that you kept same BT no matter WU and naps?

Yeah, if she's happy in bed when she wakes, there probably isn't any reason for it, huh? And it sounds like you need that rest in the morning so I understand!

Oh and I meant to ask... are you keeping nap at 12:30 no matter the WU time? What's E's A in the morning?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 18:12:40 pm by ginger413 »

Offline newkidontheblock

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2015, 02:41:34 am »
Her A is 5.5 right now, Ginger. I suspect that she can do longer (especially since we're in ANOTHER WW) but not pushing yet. So see, since I am back at work in the morning, an early nap throws my day off because I like to be back before she wakes up. If Eris has an EW, we do whatever we can to resettle her. She generally doesn't need a feed but we offer a bottle as a last resort. Otherwise DH sits on the floor and talks her back down or holds her for a while till she drops off on his shoulder and then PDs. Our aim is to keep her in there asleep or drowsy for as long as possible. And I count A from the time we feel she actually 'woke'. Drowsy time doesn't count. So nap isn't at 12.30 every day, only on 7am WU days but it is always 5.5 hours later and BT is ending up around 5 hours after that.
I'm going for a 7 pm BT (but we get a bit late due to long nursies) with a nap ending 1.30 or later. Right now we're at a point where she can handle it but just a short while ago, I would do a 10 minute CN in the sling to get her refreshed enough for bed time routine and stuff

And guess what? Today I had to WAKE HER at 7.30 and she was such a grump about it. Lol. This happens once in a blue moon. 12 hour night after ages but she only got 1.5 hours day sleep yesterday