Author Topic: 3.5 Month Old EASY all over the place  (Read 1291 times)

Offline theu.s.lees

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 12
    • Neyssa Lee Photography
3.5 Month Old EASY all over the place
« on: June 23, 2015, 21:51:22 pm »
I'm not sure we ever had a set EASY, but I've been following the pattern and doing what I can. But she's been in a bad short nap cycle which means that her E ends up before her next S. I try not to feed to sleep, but it has seemed to have become a prop. Because we had school runs, I didn't stress about morning naps, and then pushed for being home and a good nap in her rock and play mid day. But now that we are home it seems we can get out of an OT/UT cycle. It's getting hard for me to put her down for naps. She won't take a paci, and she is still swaddled. Currently her EAS for today is:

Night Feedings - 12:45am, 3:30 am, and 6am
WU - 7:15
E - 8:50 (since she just ate at 6, I didn't feed her right away)
S - 9:35 - 10:24 (she struggled to go down)
E - 11:40
S - 12 - 12:28, I worked to resettle her several times, but got her out of bed at 12:50 after she wouldn't stay asleep
A - 12:50
S - 2:20pm

She's been down form 25 minutes so far, so we shall see how this nap goes. She goes to bed between 7-7:30 depending on when she wakes up (or is woken up) from her pm nap, and when her CN falls. Then she has about 2 hrs to BT. We found that she needs a long A to BT otherwise she takes forever to settle. She usually wakes up once at night, with no DF. I just don't know how to help the morning naps, or the APOPing. Shh/pat doesn't seem to help her settle, and it's really hard to do in the rock and play. She has reflux, so I've liked keeping her elevated, though I know she will have to come out soon I suppose.

Offline wilow

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 3.5 Month Old EASY all over the place
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 09:20:02 am »
HI. Im not an expert but I think she might be OT in the morning. You have over 2hr A time so next nap is OT again. that age is tough for naps my DS2 is almost 4moths and his routine is messy lately. It might be temporary because of developmental growth, well I hope so :)
You should just stick to the routine, I try feed my DS the same time if possible, and put him to naps as well. I keep him in the cot whole sleep time till next feed and I try to resettle using different methods (white noise, Shush and Pat) if is not working just wait till feed time and then take him out, feed him, change nappy and have short A time and put back to sleep and let sleep a bit longer till next feed time.
Maybe try Wake to Sleep, if she sleeps 30min go 10 min earlier and stroke her a bit so she will pass the second sleep circle.

Offline anna*

• Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 13:45:00 pm »
Great advice from Wilow - what do you think?

Offline theu.s.lees

• Neyssa Lee Photography
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 14:02:58 pm »
I will try a shorter A time. Of course I work today so she's at my moms which means who knows how it will go. I will tell her to aim for 1.5 hr A time. But tomorrow I will try for sure. It's hard to do a lot of resettling with my other two. They always want to barge in to see their sister so no help in getting her back to sleep.

Offline wilow

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 11:00:56 am »
I do understand you I have 2 years old and he does not understand - be quiet :) Do us much as you can - I need to run up and down many times, its good that I can lock the gates and my DS1 is not able go upstairs:)
I hope it will all pass fast, it is hard time a lot of changing in ours LOs life's :) learn so many things.

Offline theu.s.lees

• Neyssa Lee Photography
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 22:19:26 pm »
So this morning I was able to get her down better for her first nap. I started winding down (just her sitting in my lap with less stimulation) 20 minutes before nap. Then we did some soft music after in her swaddle. She ended up napping for 1.5 hours!

Now, the hard part is that she woke up at 6am! Not sure how to change that one. And I had to nurse her to settle. I set her down basically asleep, though she looked at me, but I figured I'd fight one battle at a time. Though I hate continuing that prop. If only she'd take a paci.

Offline wilow

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 20:38:12 pm »
I have problem with wu time as well. Before my DS2 was waking up between 7 and 7.30am now is 6.15 - 6.40am but I put blame on wonder weeks. He used to sleep great at night now he is awaking and cannot settle down without me before he did not have problems. I think everything happen because growth spurt and if we stick to routine they should come back on the track soon enough :)
If she haven't been eating during the night I would probably feed her and put down to sleep. If she ate during the night I will try put her down to sleep using methods that suit you and your LO.

Offline theu.s.lees

• Neyssa Lee Photography
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 03:14:39 am »
Yes wonder weeks are so hard! I sometimes have to rind myself about them.
I'm having an impossible time getting her to settle without nursin/suckling. I don't know what to do anymore. I tried shh/pat And just holding. Setting her down and being close with a hand on her. She wouldn't go to bed. But finally gave up after 45 minutes and nursed her. Im at a loss.

Offline wilow

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 12:53:54 pm »
((Hugs))
I do know it is hard. I had the same problem with DS1 and I promise myself I wont do this again. Took me ages to wean him from that habit. I  was crying he was crying and took a lot of energy and work to stop it but I was nursing him to sleep this for 6 months.
Try PU/PD if you dont know how there is info on this forum. I dont think you should hold her too long because she can feel milk and wants to nurse. Just pick her up when she calms a bit put her back take hands off and when she cries again pick her up again, I can tell you this will take ages and she might not go to sleep at all at first. But day after day will be better believe me :) It will be hard but if you stick to this she will learn, dont worry, you dont abandon her when she cries so this is not like CIO. I cross my finger you will succeeded. :)
You should really try if you want her to be independent sleeper and in the future sleep peacefully and happy :)

Offline theu.s.lees

• Neyssa Lee Photography
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2015, 14:12:05 pm »
I did pu/pd with DS by the was 9 months. DD1 was on W from the beginning and we did shh/pat. I feel like DD2 is too young for pu/pd. I thought it was for after 4 months. Plus she is still swaddled so that seems like it would be harder. I realize we are close to that. But it's so hard to do when there are two others barging in all the time. DH won't even try to put her down anymore. It's all made worse because she doesn't take bottles well. So no real break for mommy.
She's up at 6 this morning and all I can think of is how hard BT is going to be because I teaching a workshop until 7 which means BT will be at 7:15/7:30 which is a long day.

Offline wilow

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2015, 19:14:05 pm »
You must be tired !
Maybe you should stop swaddle her??I stopped swaddle DS2 3 weeks ago because he wanted to suck his finger, maybe that will help??It is from 4 months but maybe can work? did you try? Dont stress because she can feel you stress as well I know it is to say but try to be calm. It might be good if your DH will try to put her to sleep know it is hard, what you think?