Author Topic: Help with 3 to 2 transition (now 2-1 transition!)  (Read 12908 times)

Offline LittleSplasherMum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Help with 3 to 2 transition (now 2-1 transition!)
« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2015, 19:26:53 pm »
Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one  :P I always tell myself not to get up until he cries, but inevitably I go and have a look....silly me
This morning I was so tired (and p.. off) that I fed him, changed him (oh yes, I forgot to say he nearly always has a poo as soon as he wakes! today it was massive, maybe that's why he couldn't get back to sleep) put him in the cot with some toys and went back to bed! he only lasted 10/15 mins though  :(

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2015, 07:59:25 am »
Great night, no nws and wu 5.55, in bed till 6.15  ;D I knew the way he went down last night was a good sign  ;)

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2015, 18:36:35 pm »
This is amazing! Yay! Rinse and repeat?? Xx

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2015, 18:53:25 pm »
I hope so! This morning he only slept 1h05 though, maybe I put him down too early, it was 10. I should have counted 6.15 as wu, I think I'll try that tomorrow. Then this afternoon he kind of fought the nap a bit, but then went to sleep quite quickly at 3ish, thought he would wake after 30/40 min, but he carried on! Didn't know what to do, so I woke him at 3.50 and bt 7.15, went down quite quickly again, so fingers crossed.

I'm not sure what to do about the pm nap anymore, should I just allow him 30/40 min, or it depends on the am nap?

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2015, 18:59:54 pm »
I think well know that after tonight hun. Sometimes they need random catch up naps. Other times, they sleep for England, you think you've gone great, then the night goes to pot  ::)

I'll be interested to see how the wu is tomorrow morning. I too would've allowed extra sleep for the pm nap as the am one was shorter. The fact you haven't had BT silliness shows all is good there, but as I said, I'd be interested to see how the night and wu is xx

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2015, 07:05:51 am »
wu 5.50  >:( less than 11hrs' sleep. Was awake but quiet until 6.05, so will try for a nap at 10.05. I've got to stay positive but this is starting to drive me mad again, I just want some consistency  :( I guess I should look on the bright side, at least he's not waking at 5 anymore (for now)!

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2015, 07:25:20 am »
It is better hun, just not quite as we want it just yet.

I was thinking last night, how do you feel about setting the naps and BT? It will take the guessing game out of the A time and give you *some consistency back. We will need to tweak it again, and probably soon. But it's a case of setting the nap times and BT irrelevant of wu time. BT can be up to 30mins earlier on crappy nap days, but otherwise you stick with it come hell or high water. Wdyt?

I'll post the link for you to have a read through. I know it says toddlers but it did really work well for me around this time in the transition.

Set naps for toddlers: Why, How and When

I'm thinking..

Wu aim for 6.15 out of bed
Nap 1 10.15-11.25 (his norm, but allow to sleep up to 1.5hrs if he'll do it)
Nap 2 3-3.40
BT 7 for asleep by 7.15pm
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 07:28:16 am by Kellyjs »

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2015, 07:44:03 am »
Yes, I was trying to do set times, so I'm definitely up for it! I was doing more 1st nap at 10, but will try 10.15, second at 3 and bt 7, so I'll carry on this way. I was looking at my logs and last week he slept more in the morning with 3h40 A time, maybe he's still not used to the 4hrs? sometime I really want to give up trying to figure things up yk? At least we're going away for the weekend to stay with friends with another baby the same age and a 3yo. I know it'll go wonky, but I do need a break!

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2015, 08:20:12 am »
A weekend away sounds lovely! He might get more tired with all the extra stimulation, so go with the flow.

Hmm it may be that he isn't used to the 4hrs then hun and 1hr 10 is an OT nap. You could try it earlier if you think it'll help? Maybe just for today and see? Xx

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2015, 10:45:43 am »
I ended up putting him down at 9.50, went to sleep at 9.53, still 1h10  >:( hoping for 40 min in the afternoon (I will wake him if still asleep), bt 7 and tomorrow is another day! To me he doesn't look OT when I put him down for his am nap, he usually cries when OT, if he's changed in that respect too, I don't know what I'm doing anymore  ???

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2015, 18:06:32 pm »
You're doing great hun, this is really helpful knowing his signs for OT. I still don't know them for DD, not sure she's ever had it  ;)

Ok, let's try the set nap thing then shall we? That would mean the first A is pushed out again anyway? Fancy trying it? It would mean sticking to it for at least 3 days and we might have enough time before you're off for the weekend to see if it's making a difference? Xx

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2015, 18:22:24 pm »
mmm we've only got tomorrow as we are off on Friday morning! I'll have to start on Monday. In a way we have been doing set naps since Sunday, I checked my logs and he always went around 10 and 3, 7ish bt, so hopefully it's sinking in  ;)
Also to be fair this is only the second week we've been doing bt at 7 again, so maybe he's getting used to it? He's not waking at 5 and going back to sleep, he's waking at 5.35 at the earliest, more 5.40, 5.50 now, so hopefully it's getting later slowly?

Anyway, this afternoon I woke him at 3.40, bt 7.05. I'll see what the wu is tomorrow and because it's the last day at home for a couple of days, I might trying putting down earlier for his nap, 3.45 again and see what happens  ???

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2015, 18:26:37 pm »
Might be worth giving it a go tomorrow since it's the only day left before your weekend away? Then we'll see what happens and go for it Monday!! Xx

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #118 on: July 23, 2015, 14:44:18 pm »
Very good morning today: wu 6.10-15 (he did stir at 5.10 for about 5/10 min, but was not fully awake), then nap at 10ish, slept for...1h30!!  ;D this is why is so good to keep a log, it does seem that 3.45 A time is better for him, 4hrs too much, you were right about the OT nap!

Had a busy afternoon in the park with friends who took him for a while (and gave him chips  >:( ), so put nap at 3.12, will wake him at 40 min. ETA: he woke at 3.45, so no need to wake him!

Will set off tomorrow morning at 9.30, hopefully he'll have a sleep in the car (he doesn't usually sleep much though). Have a great weekend! will update for sure on Monday! xx
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 14:58:00 pm by LittleSplasherMum »

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #119 on: July 23, 2015, 18:31:46 pm »
Yay, excellent!! Have a fantastic weekend hun and enjoy it! Xx