Author Topic: Help with 3 to 2 transition (now 2-1 transition!)  (Read 12901 times)

Offline LittleSplasherMum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Help with 3 to 2 transition
« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2015, 19:41:36 pm »
I know, usually dh takes him in the morning, but today we had other things planned, definitely not doing it again though, as he said he didn't have much energy, poor thing! Yes and the friends were really late and they would not leave  >:(, even if their dd who is 11 months was clearly really tired! I had to put ds down, I don't care!  ;D it all worked out in the end, thankfully!
ah yes and the in laws wanted to come and visit too  :o

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2015, 06:59:56 am »
oh dear, looks like the ews are back  >:( wu this morning 5.40, with a bt of 7.20! wth? he had a good day yesterday, wasn't OT at bt, so don't know what is going on...
I'm going to keep him up till 9.30 and see

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2015, 07:03:47 am »
Yk I think this is showing he needs less sleep overall hun. We were getting better WU's with the less DT sleep weren't we?

Let's see how the first nap goes. I wonder if he takes a long nap there whether we push a little more for the pm one today, wake after an hour and hopefully that'll get you to a reasonable BT? He'll be able to handle a longer A before BT with longer than 30-40 mins nap. Wdyt? Will be a long day though  :-\ xx

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2015, 07:09:37 am »
So what A time should I do this morning? yesterday with 3.50 he slept 1h05, I'm tempted to do 4hrs

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2015, 07:13:28 am »
Do it if you think he can handle it! An extra 10 mins should be ok x

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2015, 09:52:00 am »
He was clearly very tired from the night, I forgot to mention he was kind of awake between 1 and 2am, not crying, not sure was he was doing as I didn't check. Anyway, so he only handled 3.45 A time and slept for 1.25, woke crying though  ???

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2015, 18:39:42 pm »
Ok, still that's not bad. How did the afternoon go?

Funny he had the NW when he had a good day of naps yesterday. Could be UT behaviour. I'm thinking we've got to keep pushing these A times and stick with a longer first nap and shorter second xx

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2015, 18:58:08 pm »
Yes, I did wonder why he woke in the middle of the night, he never does, not for that long anyway. He can't have been in pain as he sounded fine, no crying.

I agree about having a longer nap in the morning, I think if he has a good am nap I will start capping the pm nap.

We went out in the afternoon as he was getting a bit whiny; cheered up in the park, walked home at around 2.30, he was asleep by 2.45, left him in the buggy and he slept for 30 mins, bt 6.50. Looking at my logs he did well with an A time of 3.5hrs before bt, so will see.

Offline Kellyjs

Re: Help with 3 to 2 transition (now 2-1 transition!)
« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2015, 18:32:30 pm »
How's it going hun? Xx

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2015, 19:28:24 pm »
This morning wu was 5.40, still bad but good night sleep, no nws. He did go to sleep at 6.50 yesterday, so nearly 11hrs. I'm not sure if he was completely awake from 5.40 as he was able to stay up till 10 and slept only 1h10. Anyway, had a 30 min nap at 3, bt 7, asleep 7.10. Fingers crossed for a later wu.

I will go for 4hrs A time tomorrow morning if the night goes well. All in all we had a good weekend, perfect if it had not been for the ew  >:(  Maybe he'll sleep longer at night when he goes down to one nap  ???

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2015, 16:41:07 pm »
He might sleep longer at night for a little while once down to one nap, but inevitably they do get used to it and you have the age old dilemma of either chopping down the nap and hoping the nights lengthen... We'vevhad this issue recently. However, it is nice once it stabilises out though. There's a set time for nap and BT and you understand better about their sleep needs (until they drop of course  ;)) x

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2015, 17:02:33 pm »
Well this morning was another 5.35ish wu  >:( again managed to get him to 10 and he slept for 1h10, I really thought he would have slept more  ??? Afternoon nap at 2.55 (fell asleep on the pushchair just before we got home and I put him in bed), nearly 40 min
Will put him down for bed just before 7.

Last night he did wake at 10.15, exactly 3 hours after bt. It's quite common that he stirs or wakes after three hours, but doesn't usually cry, yesterday he did a bit, calmed him down quite quickly then no more nws.

I really don't understand how last week we had three good wus in a row, then back to ews  ??? I checked my logs and he did have 2 hours or so of daytime sleep, now he's only getting 1.45ish. Maybe a longer am nap is the key??? Should I keep him up even longer tomorrow? It's hard when he wakes that early, because he's kind of half asleep for a bit, so it's not easy to work out the A time..

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2015, 18:35:43 pm »
I'd be careful as for some a 1hr 10mins nap does signal OT. However for you, it does seem like he's getting used to these new A times quite quickly.

We still get stirring here around 10-10.30pm. I've never figured out why. I can tell OT NW's as they're usually after the first sleep cycle or two. The 10pm one I put down to the fact that was her DF when we stopped it at 8mo! No evidence to back that up though  ;)

I would hold that A time for another couple of days hun, just to  rule out an OT nap. I don't want to push him too much too soon and it back fire on us.

I would count the A time from when he gets out of bed. If he is still half asleep and not crying, perhaps you could try leaving him as long as possible? Perhaps set it as 6am earliest get up? Even if you do have to be in the room quietly telling him it's time for sleep, then when 6am comes along, make a big fuss, lights on etc about getting him out of bed. Wdyt?

I still do this with DD now, I don't ever get her out of bed before 6.15am. I've even told her at 6am it's time to go back to sleep and gone back to bed, just to see if she'll go back to sleep! Xx

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2015, 19:10:18 pm »
Yes, I never get him out before 6 (used to be 6.30  :(). I usually leave him until he cries, just have a peep to see what he's up to  :P
Today  I managed to calm him down and keep him in bed till 6.15, maybe that's why he wasn't too tired at 10 ..mmm... will follow your advice tomorrow and count from when I get him out of bed. I don't really want to push past 4hrs, like you said, too early.
Tonight he went to sleep really quickly, put him down at 6.55, asleep at 6.58! fingers crossed

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2015, 19:19:31 pm »
Oh that's lovely... 3mins to fall asleep. We still have 30mins of chatting here whatever time I put her to bed. It is rather amusing listening to it though  :P

I think that way, setting the A time from getting out of bed actually stops us stressing so much yk? I used to drive myself crazy wondering if I hadn't heard her for 5mims or whatever. Thinking back, what a worry pot  ::).

Hoping for a decent wu for you xx