Author Topic: 4 month night waking/ sleep regression  (Read 2585 times)

Offline Westsmom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 4 month night waking/ sleep regression
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2015, 15:31:06 pm »
He is breastfed. I would try a dream feed, i just assumed his 1130ish waking would equal that feed. At that time he is not hungry, he just uses me to sooth himself back to sleep. How long di the wonderweeks usually last? It says around two weeks but then a sleep regression can be as long as 6( we would be in week 7? This is all so confusing/overwhelming! Thank you so much for your input xo

Offline theu.s.lees

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 12
    • Neyssa Lee Photography
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2015, 16:01:33 pm »
Sending you hugs as I'm in a similar boat. We are trying to figure out DD's schedule and how to make the right transition. The 4 month sleep regression is so tough.

I'm not positive, but maybe that last CN is too long/too close to BT maybe. I typically aim for a 12 hour day (I think I read that somewhere) though I'm having a hard time fitting a CN in, so that's where I'm struggling. I feel like your original schedule looked great, but you just needed that A time bumped and maybe the naps shortened a tad bit. What do you think?

There is this great app called the Wonder Weeks that you plug in your baby's due date and it gives you so much information from week to week along with the developments and what to expect. It helps me calm down when everything seems to be going to pot!

Offline newkidontheblock

• Showing Appreciation 42
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2015, 14:54:52 pm »
How long di the wonderweeks usually last?
I'm guessing saying forever is the wrong answer :) Seriously though, that leap never seemed to end. It was brutal for me. Yesterday the wonder weeks app was free for download on amazon. Check if it is the same today. Otherwise you can google a calendar.

The great thing about the dreamfeed is that it is done while they are asleep and it actually prevents/stops NWs because even if they stir, they have a nice full tummy and no reason to wake up. At least that was the case for us
"How do I implement/drop the dreamfeed?"

Sorry to hear that you are having a hard time too theu.s.lees. Have you got a thread going?

Offline theu.s.lees

• Showing Appreciation 12
    • Neyssa Lee Photography
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2015, 21:08:33 pm »
[quote author=newkidontheblock link=topic=277507.msg3067031#msg3067031 date=1437663292

Sorry to hear that you are having a hard time too theu.s.lees. Have you got a thread going?

[/quote]

I do. I'm still having NW, and then the evil mid-nap wake-ups where I'm having to resettle every single time. And can't always resettle because one of the other kids races in or DH can't seem to resettle her to save his life and just gets her up.

Offline newkidontheblock

• Showing Appreciation 42
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2015, 02:56:11 am »
Oh no. ((Hugs)) you are a super mummy to be doing this with so many! I hope this phase passes quickly for both of you