Author Topic: Activity time for 3 month old  (Read 1711 times)

Offline Keep Smiling!

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 27, 2015, 21:22:06 pm »
Hi

My little girl is 11 weeks old and is starting to stay awake for around 1hr 15-30m before she needs to sleep. I was just wondering what types of things do you do with your babies around this age? I've got an older daughter and I can't remember what I used to do with her! When she's awake she tends to have a bottle then spends some time on her play mat and in her bouncer. Sometimes we look at her books or her toys. But sometimes we are out and about with my older daughter so we don't do these things. Should I be doing more with her? I'm very aware that my first daughter had undivided attention whereas my youngest has to fit in more. My older little girl starts school in September when the baby is almost 5 months so we will have time just us then. It's something I feel really guilty about! That maybe I should have waited until my eldest was in school before having her so she got all day with me. We do have every morning together until about 1pm as my little girl goes to nursery.

Thanks!

Offline newkidontheblock

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 42
Re: Activity time for 3 month old
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 03:26:25 am »
We did pretty much what you are doing - play mat with dangly toys, tummy time,  finger rhymes, exercises, listened to music, sat in a chair with dangly toys (lol) and outings in the sling or stroller.

Here are some links which might interest you. Plenty of ideas:)
Activity and toy ideas for 0-3mths
Activity and toy ideas for 3-6mths

Hope that helps

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 17:28:10 pm »
I recommend floor time (tummy time but any floor time too) whenever possible rather than being in push chair, bouncer etc and talking to her about everything.  Playing with toys together, singing songs etc is all great too, when you can't do those things though just include her in what's happening, describe what you see what you are doing etc.

I don't think you should be feeling guilty about her not having as much one to one time, there are benefits of her having an older sibling to watch, copy and learn from too. and it sounds like you do get one to one time. Let the guilt go and just enjoy your time with both your children as much as possible. x

Offline lauradj

• Showing Appreciation 61
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 03:46:19 am »
Thank you for asking this question, I couldn't find the link to the 3 month activities. 
Just to echo what Creations said, my DS2 is 3.5 months and his favourite thing to do during activity time is watch DS1!  He'll happily do tummy time for 10 minutes if DS1 is playing in front of him.  I actually get the sense that when my eldest is at day care, baby misses him or is bored without him.  It's very cute!  I feel guilty at times too but you do get some quality 1-1 time everyday and that's wonderful.