Author Topic: 11 month old crawling in her Crib  (Read 4693 times)

Offline lauraims

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: 11 month old crawling in her Crib
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2015, 22:06:14 pm »
Oh one more thing I forgot to mention. She still finds it hard to independently go to sleep 😞 I've tried leaving her because I know she can get down from standing on her own now. But she gets really distressed and I have to lie her down and rub her back. Night time isn't as bad though.

Offline lauraims

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2015, 06:44:53 am »
Arghhhh!!! 2 nap days are horrible.
WU -5.15
Nap - 9.40-11.10 (1.5)
Nap - 3.30-4.05 (0.35)
Battling to go to sleep it's now 6.40.
Her days are wayyyyy too long with two naps. She needs at least 4hrs to bed I think.
The reason she's waking at night is because her days too long do you think ?
It's really really frustrating. What would you advise I do if she likes 4-4.5 a to bed but can only just make 4.5 in the morning.
Yesterday her total wake time was only 9 hours. And she slept through. Today it's now 11.5 and she's still not asleep !! Ahhh. 😌😌

Offline deb

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2015, 10:10:08 am »
The 2-to-1 nap transition is usually a pretty bumpy one. While you're in the middle of it, definitely adjust your expectations and plan on "faking it" for a couple of weeks at least. Some days there'll need to be catnaps, some days not - just read cues as best you can. Hang in there - there are usually a bunch of posts about the 2:1 floating around at any given time for that same reason - you are not alone! Start here maybe: Anyone want to talk about the 2-1 transition #27

Offline lauraims

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2015, 08:40:29 am »
Hi there!
Hope all is well with you all!
I just wanted a bit of direction and advice on what to do with my dd at the moment.  I've been chatting on the 2-1 board but its not overly active at the moment.

My dd will be 13 months at the end of this month.  Since my last post on this thread, things went very off track as we had heaps of disturbances. Trips away - teething - sickness.  We have just gotten over a very long bad cold and so I wasn't really following a routine - but more going by what she seemed to need/want and letting her sleep for however long.  This ended up going ok - nap wise - nights were horrible - probably because she was so congested - but also maybe because she was getting too much day sleep.  She would do 3 hours - nap for 1hr15mins - then 3.5hours - nap for 1.5-2hrs.  Very rare for her!!
Before she got sick etc - we were doing 4 hrs first A and getting 1hr20-30 min nap - then a 30-45min catnap - but the afternoon catnap was always always a battle to get.  I remember she would sometimes end up not taking it until 4.30 - being awake 4.5-5 hours on some bad days!  WELL - that is what it has gone back to!!! 
I decided to push the morning wake time back to 4 hours - it is day 2 and she's still only doing a short 1hr5-15min nap.  Then absolutely fighting the afternoon nap.  Today she wouldn't go to sleep until 5hours awake time - and then slept 45mins.
We've had a couple of 1 nap days in the last week when she has woken up a bit later - she did surprisingly well - but has woken for the day early at 5.40 - so then of course it is too hard to only do 1 nap..  Her 1 nap has only ever been 1.5-1.75hrs long.

Im really not too sure what to do?  I am so over the afternoon battles..But it seems she is soooo sooo tired by the 4hour mark in the morning, and she wakes up crying at the 1hr5-15min mark.  I don't mind having to APOP a catnap every afternoon for awhile longer - but just can't figure out what sort of time to try for! 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Oh forgot to add - she usually always wakes up between 3-5am. (Well since she's not sick anymore!)   I feed her (bf) although I know this is just a comfort thing.  I want to work on weaning any night feeds - but want to be on a better routine first.

Offline Kellyjs

• Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2015, 19:03:11 pm »
Sorry for the late reply hun. Also sorry things have been rather rubbish for you atm.  :( I'm going to move you over to the toddler sleep board too as your LO is over a year old but we can keep the same thread going ok?

Ok, let's go back to the beginning shall we? Is she totally better now? How's the 4hrs A going now it's day 3? I would continue to apop a CN in the pm if you can. It does take a bit of trial and error to find the right time, but if she's going to sleep at 4hrs ok in the morning without too much fussing, I would perhaps try close to that time, so around 3hrs 45mims or so? Wdyt?

I too got fed up with the inconsistency of it all and ended up on the set nap and BT route. It may be the way to go for you, however it might be worth just a couple of weeks of these battles just to totally make sure she's better and to get her used to the higher A times again yk? In order to get to one nap we need to be closer to 5hrs A to safely have  a nap and BT in a day that's of a reasonable length! Xx

Offline lauraims

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2015, 22:11:12 pm »
Hey Hun ! Thanks for the reply. She's still only doing 1hr15 or so. Yesterday she didn't fall asleep until 4hrs45mins but still woke up very upset at the 1hr15min mark. So guessing OT. Tried to resettle but no go. MAnaged to APOP a catnap after 4hrs in the arvo for 30mins but that took us to 5.15pm! I know she prefers a longer a to bed. She went down on her own ok at 7.15 though. Night was ok. Wake up at 5.back to sleep at 5.30 until
6.30. Don't think the UT first nap is going to work anymore :( so think I'll just have to keep on pushing and hope the nap starts lengthening.

Offline lauraims

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2015, 05:25:48 am »
So first A of 4.15mins, 1hr10nap... Tried for catnap at 3.45...didn't go to sleep until 4.5!!
I guess another option is 4hrs WT..30min nap, 3-3.5hours WT, 1.5min nap?
When she was sick was doing 1hr first nap then 3.5hours later a 1.5-2hour nap. So it does work.
Maybe I should of just started decreasing her morning sleep.

Do I have to be aware of TWT at this age ? How much should I be aiming for throughout the day?
I just know she likes a longer last A to bed, so until she can comfortably do 5 hours first A without melting down. Do you think I should try a short capped first nap for a good while to see if it sticks ?

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2015, 06:04:00 am »
It's definitely worth a go hun. I found it difficult to get the A time right this way round so it does take a bit of trial and error. However, further down the transition, I apop'd a 15mins car nap in the morning here and there just to ward off any OT or if she woke too early in the morning to cope with the A time to her usual nap time.

I think your timings look good to give it a go? It may help force wu later too in time, which would help the eventual switch to one nap. If she does prefer a longer a to BT we may get away with around 4.5hrs first A to get to one nap, but even then you might have to switch between one and two nap days for a while. Want to try your way for 3 days and see if she settles into it and keep me posted hun? Xx

Offline lauraims

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2015, 08:45:59 am »
Cool will do hun thanks so much ! Will report back on a few days :)

Offline lauraims

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2015, 04:31:48 am »
Hi hun !
So things have been going ok ! Ish !
Im doing 30 min first nap after 3.5 hours a time.
Then 3-3.5 hours later. A 1.5-1.75 second nap.
Been chatting to girls on the 2-1 board and they think the 1.5-1.75 nap is possibly OT as she wakes grumpy and bedtime is a bit of a battle.
She's been going down after 3hours WT to bed. But taking 20-30 mins of whinging to nod off. And sometimes me going in and out. Her nights haven't been too bad. But she's EWing at 5 am and then I'm feeding her and she goes back to sleep for an hour or so. I'm wanting to ween her over the next 6 weeks as Im still BFing. If I don't feed her at 5 she won't settle 😞
Hmmm anyway. She's going down independently for morning nap but afternoon nap I have to stand by her cot otherwise she freaks out.
Ladies on 2-1 suggested I try to make sure she's asleep by 3hours WT and see if that helps her nap lengthen. Failing that, cut first nap back to 25 mins.
You don't have personal experience with this way do you?

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2015, 18:20:56 pm »
Unfortunately not hun, but I think I would try having her asleep by 3hrs A and see if that makes a difference. You should know by the first try really if she goes down earlier. The nap length is good, so that's not anything to go by either. I probably wouldn't aim for a longer nap tbh as that might cut into her night sleep. What you have nap length wise is perfect, just ideally you don't want her waking grumpy so putting her down a little earlier might help with that.

When we were further into the transition we did apop a quick car nap here and there at 9am for 20mins and that got us through to a 12.30pm nap time, but she was mostly on one nap by then.

My DD could only manage a short A to BT too, it did get a little better in time. 

Let me know how it goes ok? Xx

Offline lauraims

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2015, 06:47:03 am »
Hey hun. Tried to have her asleep by 3hrs, put her down at 2hrs45mins as she usually takes 15 mins to settle if it's the 'right' time ! But nope, took her until 3.5 hours again and we only got a 1hr20 nap this time. 3.5hours A to bed. Was aiming for 3, as she seemed super tired, but she performed, like she was OT and too 30 mins from put down to get to sleep with me going in and out a few times.
Hmphhhhhh....
Not too sure what to do next.
Cap first nap down to 25 mins ?
I really wish her first nap, when extending A times would lengthen 😓
Last weekend we were out in the morning and she didn't take the catnap, so we though, Ekkk, let's just see how she goes. Well, put her down at 5hrs15mins, she was clearly so OT, then she woke at 30mins sooooo hysterical I couldn't even settle her in the cot. Had to lie her on my chest, then she slept another 1.5hours. Stirring occasionally like it wAsnt a great sleep. That night was horrrrrrible! Heaps of Nw's😣 wasn't surprised.

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2015, 14:02:51 pm »
Ok, well that was good to see. How's it going now?

My DD was like that later on in the transition too, just wouldn't go down unless we were at a full ish A time. That's why we went CT to set nap and BT with the odd 2 nap day like I mentioned earlier with the early car nap. I probably wouldn't go that way just yet for yours as we don't want another night like you had.

So does she wake up on her own for the first nap at 30mims?xx

Offline lauraims

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2015, 20:28:08 pm »
Hey 😊 hmmm well the weekend was messy because she was looked after both mornings and didn't take her catnap until 4hrsWT, and then the Sunday she was awake 5hours, then fell asleep on car but only slept 55mins. She then fought the afternoon sleep, after 4hours WT, slept 1hr15. Had a pretty bad night Sunday night. Woke an hour after going to sleep. Then from 11.30-1!! She was trying to settle, but kept waking up again And really crying.
She's now quite OT I think. As yesterday, naps were ok, a 30min, and a 1.5. But same again at night. Wu after 1hour of going down, then again at 10pm then awake 3.30-4.45. At this point I fed her which I really want to wean by the end of October but it seems to be the only thing that gets her back to sleep at this hour.
My husband and I are going away for 5 nights half way through November so I would really like her to be weaned by then. Still BFing before afternoon sleep and BT.
Would be great if she was on one nap by then too.
How do you suggest I achieve the switch to 1 nap over the next 8 weeks?
I was actually thinking I might cut Morning nap to 25mins next week.
She's been on two naps solidly since 6 months, and by 7months her first a time was 3.20. Then for a while at 10.5 months, 3.45, then 4.5 a month or so ago, but that wS with me resettling every 30 mins.
She's finding it so hard to SS for naps now too. So all in all everything is a bit of a mess and I need a good plan of attack 😣😣

No I wake her at the 30 min mark. She'd happily sleep for 1hr15 if I let her. But then needs 4hours Wt and is sleeping to late in the arvo. That's why I started capping.
Because of the long night wakings at the moment she's only getting 10hour ONS and just 2hours Ds.

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2015, 06:32:24 am »
Have you checked for teeth hun? I'm wondering if teething is at play here too?

I too think there's a little OT going on there, perhaps we sort that first then we can move on? As she's waking an hour after going to bed at night I think we could try a couple of EBT's? Wdyt? My DD still wakes soon after BT when a little OT. I would keep the day time routine as is with the 30mins nap and the 1.5hrmnap if she's willing then maybe bring BT forward by 30mins just for 2 days or so? Worth a shot? Xx