Author Topic: Unclear about transition of E.A.S.Y from 3 - 4 hour in book - HELP!  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Pil4r

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Hi there,

I'm trying to transition my baby from a 3 hour routine to a 4 hour routine. In the newer book on page 230, it outlines "ideal days", but the times don't add up. I'm extremely confused and now in limbo on our E.A.S.Y routine. She's not sleeping through naps, and will be 4 months in a few days, so time to transition her. Can anyone shed some light on this?

For example, on days 4-7, it indicates that S is at 12:15 and E is at 1:15, but the baby should sleep an hour and fifteen minutes. Again, the same issue for the next issue for E and S. Times don't add up when you take into account the baby's length of sleep.

I'm so confused and now our routine is all messed up. I don't know what to do.

If anyone can shed any light, I will be so grateful.

Thank you in advance!!!!!

Pilar

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Unclear about transition of E.A.S.Y from 3 - 4 hour in book - HELP!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 18:52:22 pm »
Hi there
I think the page you are referring to is a known typo - unfortunately as Tracy is no longer with us updated editions have not been possible.
There are a couple of links below. The first moves in 15 min increments but suggests doing just the first nap, keep increasing every few days until this part of the day in on the 4hr routine. That's not my preferred route really, I would look at the day as a whole instead, but it may give you some idea how things work to look at the FAQ.
The second link is a slow move, just increasing by 5 mins, right across the day.  If you LO is very keen on eating every 3hrs this can be helpful as you only have to distract LO for 5 mins.  You can also use this second link as a guide if you'd like to increase by 15 mins across the day (just ignore the 5 and 10 min increment routines).

Time to Transition - 3hr, 3.5hr or 4hr EASY
3-4hr EASY Transition – In 5 Minute Increments

Because EASY is a routine, not a fixed schedule, you should choose the route you feel most comfortable with and which suits you LO.
You can also post your EASY times here if you need additional help.

Offline Pil4r

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 03:26:41 am »
Thank you! The links you referred to were really helpful. I'll try them out and hopefully her naps will get longer and more consistent. I'll probably post her routine once we get one established again.

Again, thank you so much!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 07:07:34 am »
No problem :)