Author Topic: cot gymnastics NW  (Read 970 times)

Offline ameliebob

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 02, 2015, 11:54:26 am »
Hi everyone! my little boy is now almost 24 weeks and is a side sleeper. We've used sleep positioners since he was 3 months and it's been fine until now. Yesterday he managed to do a 180 with them  :o I don't know how he did it but he's also been able to get out of it. So last night we put him to sleep without the positioners. He didn't move until 0 am, which he was again 180. I think he did about 2 or 3 360 from 0 to 6:30, with a TON of wakings. Although he was sometimes able to to back to sleep himself, we had to position him at 1,2, 4 & 5.

Do you think things will get better or of there is anything i can do to help him?

Also need to say that he is theething and the only thing that helps him sleep longer than 2 Hours is tylenol.

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: cot gymnastics NW
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 12:35:55 pm »
Sounds like one of those things you just have to ride out :/
If after a few days he's still waking frequently then I'd start to think it's something else besides getting used to the sleep positioners being gone - but really you have to allow a few days for him to get used to this new way of sleeping before suspecting anything else might be up.

Offline ameliebob

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 13:41:02 pm »
I'm still using it for the naps though. The morning one is the longest but for the dinner time nap we havent got rid of the 45 min intruder yet (problem since week 7!) is it ok to remove it at night first the Time he gets used to it and then for the naps? Or should i do it all at once?

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: cot gymnastics NW
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 13:44:49 pm »
Personally I would do it all at once - the transition will be quicker that way.