Author Topic: Early blooming mornings nearly 1 year  (Read 1428 times)

Offline hayley66

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 03, 2015, 06:07:16 am »
You prob remember me but we've had early mornings for ever although have periods of 6.30/6.40 which is bliss. Back to 5.45 this morn again. Our routine is below. Is there anything u would tweak? The only thing started doing recently is cutting morning nap back as thought was waking too late from pm nap

Yesterday

Wake 6am
Nap 9.45-10-20 (I wake)
Nap 2-4
Bed 7.30

He seems very tired in morning by about 9am but I push him to go later.

It feels like something is constantly off with him and I crack it for a week or few days then we go back to square 1 again. He seems so erratic. 6am is too early for us. 6.30 I would take but can't get it consistently!

Last night he only got just over 10.5 hours by the time he fell asleep which seems to low to me??

Also when he's had a really early one I still stick to same routine as though he's woken at 6.30. Shoukd I be not capping the am nap as much to let him catch up?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 06:15:32 am by hayley66 »

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
Re: Early blooming mornings nearly 1 year
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 11:01:45 am »
It's probably his morning nap which starts to interfere with his WU. I would start capping to 20min and moving the afternoon nap for 1:30/1:00. So when you drop the morning nap, you will have one nap around 12:30?
~Marta

Offline hayley66

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 12:49:55 pm »
If you cap a morning nap how long should the awake time be after, I presume if he can stay awake close to 4 hours it's okay then to significantly reduce to 3 hours? Could he be awake at 10.30 then go down again at 1.30 again and sleep a long time as tired enough? That's what worries me, I suppose I just try!

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 12:57:09 pm »
You have to try Honey. In generał it would be good to move this second nap earlier closer to 12:30/1:00 as that's where his one nap will be. So you can cut he morning nap successively until you reach a good timing for an afternoon nap. As it's very short I wouldn't be so rigid to make it later. If it's a brief 20min you can do it at 9:00/9:30 and it's also fine. But remember to cap. Every 5-10min cut from the morning nap can make a huge difference to him being tired in the evenings.
~Marta

Offline hayley66

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 14:24:15 pm »
Okay so we've been getting consistent earlier wake ups. Only thing I've done is capped the morning nap and brought forward the arvo nap a bit as we couldn't fit two naps in and that was the plan.

Woke 550
Nap 9.45-10.15
Nap 1.30-3.35
Bed 7.20
Wake 5.55.

Before we were getting at least some 6.30's but it's continually not past 6am. What would u do?  Not sure whether need to cut am nap more or just extend it again. Maybe he is overtired? Worried to put him down much before 7.30 as I think he'll wake even earlier! Confused as to why this isn't working as this looks spot on routine for his age doesn't it?

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 13:53:42 pm »
Hon I am on holidays in Sri Lanka until Tue 22/07. Would you wait for me coming back to you just after I am back with a normal wifi:)?
~Marta