Author Topic: Home from vacation have to get back to routine  (Read 3284 times)

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Home from vacation have to get back to routine
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2015, 02:36:41 am »
Yup he sounds caught up from the holiday, so for sure a bit of tweaking is in order. If a set wake up doesn't work, a wee bit of a cap to the nap might be the next step.
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2015, 11:50:26 am »
He didn't fall asleep until 9 pm last night! But this morning he woke crying ( which he never does) before 7! So I'll probably keep the nap the same today 1-230 and into crib at 8 he will fall asleep by 830 that routine seems to work best!  Although we will have friends over today he might resist the nap.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 18:51:31 pm »
I've been waking him from nap by 230 and I also woke him this morning by 715 but he gets so upset and it takes a while for him to stop crying :(

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2015, 04:39:19 am »
How do.you wake him? Just wondering if he is the type to like to ease into his day if there is a gentler way to go about it?
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2015, 10:28:22 am »
I just open his door and just walk around in hallway. He's s light sleeper so he wakes right up. But then he'll start to cry once he gets out of crib. Yesterday it took him an hour to calm down. I'm afraid to wake him in morning as he does the same thing but he needs a 13.5 hour day when he wakes at 715 hrs in crib at 8 but awake until 845!

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2015, 13:10:49 pm »
Well I must confess I am a bad waker too - I hate being woken and need a lot of time to gear up to being awake. I purposely set my alarm early so I can hit snooze lots. Same thing happens being woken from a nap for him?
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2015, 16:36:23 pm »
Haha yes! This morning he woke on his own before 7 which was good I think lol. Going to do nap a little early 1245 he seems tired and his teeth are bothering him. Maybe he  Will be ready for bed tonight at regular time 

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2015, 17:29:28 pm »
It's crazy any little thing throws off nap time here. We were out this morning got home around 1 ( thought he might fall asleep in car but never does) then into house had a quick lunch and up for nap at 120. He'sin crib resisting nap calling me and a bit of crying. If our routine isn't exactly the same this happens. Not very go with the flow here lol

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2015, 11:34:56 am »
How can we get back on track? He's falling asleep later. Still putting him in crib by 8 sometimes he's not asleep until 845 and then he's sleeping late the next day. It been waking him no later than 730 but he hates to be when and I hate starting the day with a crying kid. I cut his nap to an hour yesterday putting him down at 120 instead of 1 but we had issues at bedtime crying etc had to wiwo and wasn't asleep until 9! He's still asleep today at 730 going to wake him now.

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2015, 13:03:48 pm »
That makes for a pretty short night though if you wake him and then cap the nap...there is no where for him to tack on if needed. I only wake her on mornings she has to be at daycare. He is on the lower end for sleep needs right? Might be worth sticking with a shorter nap for awhile to see if it helps. Is he teething at all? How old is he now?
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2015, 13:41:27 pm »
Yes his molars are coming down lots of drool! Been giving him Tylenol to help. I just find that when he wakes late after 730 bedtime is a struggle. He will lay in crib from 8 until 845 before he falls asleep no matter how long his nap is. Yesterday we had company over and he didn't get to take a nap. His behavior was ok but bedtime at 7 was awful lots of crying he was def ot. He woke today at 730 so he got his 12 hours. Today we might not be home in time to have lunch home and nap. And he won't nap in car and he also won't just go up for a nap unless it's after lunch and we are home. He just turned 2!

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2015, 02:48:40 am »
Hmm yeah with molars and developmental stuff it really is a case of just playing things as they come! It really sucks I know, this whole run up to finally dropping the nap. We did a lot of juggling with DD3, never knowing what was right - nap, no nap, when to cap etc. to keep things manageable.
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2015, 12:22:08 pm »
It is a guessing game sometimes. Today I let him sleep and he woke at 8! I wondering if he will go down as usual for nap at 1? When I start pushing nap later it gets ugly though. It's like he gets s second wind.

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2015, 18:16:53 pm »
I'm noticing that lately my lo cries out real loud while sleeping. Doesn't wake though it's just odd I wonder why?

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2015, 13:05:09 pm »
Dreaming? DD3 has done that sometimes. We are off camping tomorrow for a week with crappy cell service so if I don't pop in that is why!!
Heidi