Author Topic: 1-0 transition and nothing is working!  (Read 7955 times)

Offline AMJ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: 1-0 transition and nothing is working!
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2015, 09:06:15 am »
Thanks LL&J, but once we dropped the nap I don't think she would go back to napping if need be. It's night time here and she is awake for more then 1hr already first chatting and now struggling to resettle. I tried helping her but  having me there with her makes her more stimulated so I can't even help her

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2015, 18:36:34 pm »
Are you still giving the capped nap?
Maybe drop it?

Offline AMJ

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2015, 18:38:36 pm »
No I'm not, today is day 3 since we dropped it. DD is really strugling. It's hard to see her like this. Tonight she WU again crying for me. She says that it's too hard to sleep.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 06:57:02 am by AMJ »

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2015, 19:10:07 pm »
That must be hard for you :(

And how long have the nights been?

Offline AMJ

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2015, 19:20:13 pm »
It's heartbreaking to see her like this.

The first night she fell asleep at 8pm, slept though till 7am. For the next 2 days she's been asleep by 8pm and WU at 8am, both nights with 1hr15m NWUs. Tonight she slept through the night from 7:50pm to 6:50 am. She WU crying for me saying she needs to use the potty. Too bad I was hoping she would sleep till 8am. Maybe I should give her today a 7:30pm BT in hopes the EBT will help her sleep a longer night.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 10:55:42 am by AMJ »

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2015, 22:01:24 pm »
Those are pretty good nights considering everything!

Yes I think you have a good plan to give the half hour EBT one night and see how it goes.

Offline AMJ

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2015, 11:40:25 am »
Yes I guess those nights weren't too bad but her mood is.

So I gave her 7:30 pm BT yesterday then she had a NWU from 11:00-12:30am then WU at 6:30am crying and fell back asleep (not sure when cause I fell asleep myself till 7). Then up at 7:30.

I think it's too hard for her to handle 13hr days but she doesn't sleep longer then 11hrs at night. She is not bad after 12hrs A but that only happens if she has a NWU which pushes her morning WU later.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 12:50:17 pm by AMJ »

Offline barbaraz78

• Showing Appreciation 68
  • In the fall...
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2015, 12:39:57 pm »
My guess is if she is not able to sleep more than 11 h at night (mine wasn't) at this age you need some sort of nap. I would wait few days more - to do a week - and is nights don't get longer I would start 30 mins nap again, keeping the 8 pm bt (so wu is not shifted too early). I think it is better 10-10.5 h nights With a solid sleep with 30-60 mins nap, than 11 h at night of broken sleep.
Barbara

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2015, 19:59:34 pm »
Yes I agree.
It does seem this LO is up at night regardless of how long a nap or no nap though...any of the times look habitual honey?

Offline AMJ

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2015, 01:19:10 am »
Barbara, it does look like she needs a nap doesn't it. Tbh last weeks when she had 30m nap she still had NWUs. Only they were 2hrs long where now they are 1hr15/30m long.

Creations. That's right she is up either way :(. I just checked my log and all the NWUs are at different times. The only thing I noticed is that before dropping the nap NWUs were later in the night and longer and after the nap drop ,most times, they are earlier in the night and shorter.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 01:21:23 am by AMJ »

Offline AMJ

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2015, 10:48:06 am »
P.S. Tonight she STTN but the night is only 10hrs45m long. And today is day 7 since the nap drop. Do you think I should bring the nap back today? 30m or let her sleep as long as she wants to get her caught up a bit?
Thanks

Offline LovelyLilyandJack

• Showing Appreciation 44
  • Formerly lovelylily
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2015, 17:16:11 pm »
How much sleep is she averaging in 24 hours? Before the nap drop I mean.  Just wondering cos J only ever does an average of 11 - 11hr 15 at night now (and therefore that's his total sleep in 24hrs). I'm wondering what you should be aiming for?

If it were me and my LO just sttn I'd stick with no nap a bit longer, personally, if you can stand the grumpiness!  I definitely wouldn't offer more than a 30 minute nap if you're close to dropping it cos you're probably at the point where offering any nap at all is a catch up in itself. But I'd be interested in what others think...

Offline AMJ

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2015, 18:30:31 pm »
LL&J before the nap drop her total sleep was anywhere between 10hrs and 10:45/11hrs with almost every night NWUs. Now it's about 10:45m of actual sleep but also with almost every night NWUs. It's bad either way but it seems that since the nap drop she has more tantrums, she is refusing food.

I gave her a 30m nap today and she fell asleep pretty quickly

Not sure what to do tomorrow- give another nap or skip it

One thing worth mentioning, lately when DD wakes at night she asks for milk. Not as soon as she wakes but at some point. I tell her that we don't drink milk at night so then she asks for water. I never refused giving her water. Should I stop? How? I'm not sure if it became a prop because she doesn't ask for it right away therefore I think that's not what makes her wake up.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 08:13:02 am by AMJ »

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2015, 08:38:14 am »
Hey. Couldn't get on yesterday, house guests arrived and then my internet went off! sigh.

I would probably put water in her room for her to help herself, at least that's what I do for DS. He drinks from a cup in the day but at night I put a sippy cup with the lid by his bed so there is less chance of spilling or knocking over.

I wouldn't force her to eat but if she is refusing food I might mention that she is sometimes hungry at night so maybe eating some food would be helpful.

I'd prob go back to no nap now she's had a catch up.

Offline AMJ

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2015, 08:42:02 am »
No problem at all :)

She is still in the crib so I don't think she can reach through the crib rail and grab the water on her own. Was your LO in big kid bed? I wonder if I can find a sippy that won't leak and I can put it in the crib

It is night time here and it's been 1hr20m and she is still awake. No mater what I do she wakes most nights
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 11:45:38 am by AMJ »