Author Topic: Dropped nap = hard time falling asleep  (Read 785 times)

Offline PuppyLuf

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Dropped nap = hard time falling asleep
« on: July 07, 2015, 00:28:58 am »
My son is almost 19 months old and just last week dropped his morning nap.  He now wakes up around 6:30 and naps around 12:30, usually waking at 2:30.  Bedtime is 7:00.  He is usually pretty tired by nap time and falls asleep right away.  Lately, though, he's having avery hard time falling asleep at night.  He isn't disruptive or crying.  He just rolls around in his crib and plays with his stuffed animals and talks to himself, sometimes for 45 minutes.  He also has woken up before 6:00am a few times.

I am wondering if he is OT and I should try putting him back down for morning nap again.  I tried a few days ago, but he just rolled around for the whole time.  He does not sleep longer than 2:30 and doesn't fall asleep well till 12:30.

Any thoughts on what I should be doing with him?  He's never had any sleep regressions or issues like that, and he's not crying or fussing, but I feel like he's walking around glassy-eyed for much of the day.

Thank you.

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: Dropped nap = hard time falling asleep
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 16:57:48 pm »
Could you put him down for his nap earlier? He may still wake at the same time therefore getting that extra bit of sleep?