Author Topic: Super-duper EBT....your experiences please  (Read 787 times)

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Super-duper EBT....your experiences please
« on: July 07, 2015, 12:35:34 pm »
We are in a bit of a mess here. Teeth and illness and 2-1.....lots of NWs, EWs and broken naps :( :( I am contemplating trying a very early BT (normal BT is early anyway, 6-6.15ish most days).  Just a bit nervous as he's never tacked on brilliantly, but maybe I've never done early enough?

Anyone care to share their experiences? How early have you done and did it work?

Offline Aishi

• Showing Appreciation 105
Re: Super-duper EBT....your experiences please
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 12:41:33 pm »
Hugs hon. Sounds rough! Well my dd is hsn so that prob made a diff but when we dropped nap we did super Sebt....as early as 4.45!!! She did tack on tho and pulled some 14/14.5h night.

You won't know until u try...even if he does 11h and Wu is 4am- you should be able to rs right? Or he will have a long nw and doze off again? If he does and gives a later Wu e.g 7.30/8 you can do another short day and have 5.30/6 by gradually pushing day out??

Scary stuff I know xx
aishi :)

Offline Emami

• Showing Appreciation 41
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 13:00:05 pm »
My first ever post on BW was about doing a SEBT for DD1 on the first day that she went without a nap, and that I only had the guts to try it because of other people's experiences that I'd read on here. I went as early as 5pm with her and, like aishi, we got some 14 even 15hr nights. She has also been a good sleeper in general, so maybe not as scary as trying it for B! It never backfired though. Couldn't hurt to see what happens?
Emma

Offline bloosiern

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 13:10:49 pm »
We did 5/530 BT (from a 7am WU) for my ODD several times when she went through a phase of fighting naps around 18mo old.  She was higher sleep needs.  My husband thought I was crazy but it prevented OT and it didn't last long.
Lisa