Author Topic: 4 month old waking every 1-2 hours at night !!!  (Read 1753 times)

Offline swasat

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
4 month old waking every 1-2 hours at night !!!
« on: July 08, 2015, 17:18:20 pm »
Hi
My DS is 4 months old(18 weeks) ...he sleeps well during naps but wake up every 2hours at night...currently he is feeding every 3.5-4hr during daytime but at night feeding him every 3hrs...he goes to sleep independently ( no props)...
This is his easy routine
WU - 8
E -8:30
A- 8 to 9:50
S-9:50 to 11:10
E- 12:00
A - until 1:10
S- 1:10 to 3:20
E-4:00
A- until 5:20
S- 5:20 to 6:00
E- 6,7:30
BT - 8:00
NWs - 10,12,2,4,6:20
Yesterday he refused to go to sleep until I feed him at those times ...

I am really tired...please help!!!

P.S : he started doing this around 13 weeks before that he slept for 4- 6 hrs at a stretch...

« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 17:36:03 pm by swasat »

Offline newkidontheblock

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 42
Re: 4 month old waking every 1-2 hours at night !!!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 10:48:35 am »
Growth spurt?  Have you ruled out discomfort as the culprit, hun? Teething/ reflux?

Offline swasat

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 15:29:11 pm »
Thank you for your reply...he's definitely teething (drooling a lot,trying to bite and chew on  everything he can get his hands on)...this should effect his naps too right? But he's napping just fine..
Yesterday he woke up at 11:30 & 3:30 for feeding and he woke up at 5 AM and he was talking ...
Do u think he need more A time?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 15:43:33 pm by swasat »

Offline weaver

• Showing Appreciation 210
  • May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 17:30:47 pm »
I'd say growth spurt! Do what you can to get more into him during the day, feed him when he wakes at night, and hopefully should be over inside a week .
*Anne*, loving mama to a honeybee (2010) and a sweetpea (2012).  BF for 4 proud years.

Offline swasat

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 18:30:13 pm »
Oh k...do you think His A time is right for his age?

Offline newkidontheblock

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 08:38:45 am »
Have you seen this, hun?
Average A times- BOOKMARK ME!

We were doing 2 hours at 4 months but A times do start moving quite quickly and by 5 months we were at 2.5 hours. How are things going now?

Offline swasat

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 18:39:46 pm »
Still the same...waking every 2hrs at night but im feeding him around 4hrs at night (before 4 hrs trying to resettle him with shh/pat...)
yesterday i tried to increase his first A time to 2hr15min instead of 2 hr...he napped for 1h20min...
Should I increase all A times ?
Im really confused...don't know what to do...

Offline spannarosy

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2015, 10:24:42 am »
Hi there - are you still having this trouble with sleep?

our boy is exactly the same. he wakes every hour, sometimes more, sometime a couple of hours. a couple of nights a week we enjoy the bliss of only 2-3 night wakings, maybe at 2am and 5:30 or so, but most nights it's about 6, minimum. last night was at least 10. It's exhausting - we feel your pain!!!

Our boy has been a bad sleeper right from the start - the midwives couldn't get him to sleep either lol - they'd take him away all confident and we'd hear him screaming, and then theyd bring him back in a couple of hours reeking of relief to be rid of him LOL poor little man... sigh. Not sure how to help him either.

We do think our issue is the dummy though. We are intending to take it away from him. We were overusing it and he has learnt not to sleep without it. We have to go in and put it back in every time he comes through a sleep cycle. So my mum is coming to stay in 3 weeks and she will help us go through the nasty nights of crying to get rid of it. Sigh -I think it is our only hope left for good sleep.

Also we have had a lot of people visit, plus he/ we have havd 2 colds in the last month or so - so he has had a LOT of holding to sleep. Before that he was going to sleep alone (ie, putting into the cot awake) but no he won't do it on his own - has to be held each time.. so I think that is contributing to the night wakes too. Once we are all well I will start letting him cry a little more again as he goes to sleep, instead of holding him till he is right dead asleep, and teach him to fall asleep on his own again. SIGH, such a drama.

So, not sure if anything here rings true for you too xx just know others are doing it too!! x

Offline newkidontheblock

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2015, 09:17:59 am »
yesterday i tried to increase his first A time to 2hr15min instead of 2 hr...he napped for 1h20min...
Is this a good or bad thing?