Author Topic: "Playing" in the night  (Read 3701 times)

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: "Playing" in the night
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2015, 17:40:40 pm »
Hi, it sounds a bit developmental to me, we had lots of messing at this age and nothing really solved it just time.

I guess the sheep is his way of self soothing so that's good but a pain for u. Have u tried taking it away for naps just to see what happens and replacing it with a favourite toy?

We did have to do a few naps in the buggy at this age as DS started refusing naps but it did pass.

It's easier said than done to chill out but he may pick up your anxiety over it....most things do get better and he might be grumpy with less sleep but you can only offer the opportunity for sleep as they get older.

Zoe

Offline CattyPads

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2015, 16:31:56 pm »
Thanks for your input haribo  :)

You know, I am driving myself crazy trying different combinations of nap times, nap durations, bed times and so on, and nothing at all seems to make any difference. I am starting to think that only time can fix this, and yes I bet my anxiety doesn't help. I am quite the control freak  :-[ and I can't control this huh!

My DH suggested recording the sheep tune and playing it for an hour or so, so he can't get all anxious when it stops?

He hasn't got any favourite toys, just a scraggly old towel he cuddles to sleep  ??? Lol!

I am guessing this whole drama is because of ds2 who is 7 weeks old. What do you think? Maybe that coupled with his speech coming along maybe.

Should I just give up?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2015, 17:52:52 pm »
I drove myself potty with worrying about sleep when I think back but that's us mums just worry and I like things pretty routine which not all LO like to stick too lol.

You could try recording it, cant hurt to have a go. I'd say new LO and speech definitely in the mix...sheep is his way of getting a little more attention maybe (not saying he's lacking any)

Don't give up Hun things will come right. If he re settles on his own with the sheep I'd prob just leave him too it, he will loose interest at some point x
Zoe

Offline CattyPads

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2015, 14:55:29 pm »
Well what do you know, I gave up trying different combinations out of sheer desperation two days ago, when I said "should I give up", and he slept 11pm until 9:30 am! So even though it was a late BT he slept 10 and a half hours! And last night again!  ;D

So I am slowly gonna bring BT earlier and hope to get back on track!

Thank you so so much for your help. Might be back regarding earlier BT lol!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 15:48:25 pm by CattyPads »

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2015, 17:48:11 pm »
Fantastic new I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Sounds like a good plan, maybe just try 15 mins and hold for 2-3 days x
Zoe

Offline Truly Blessed

• Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2015, 10:32:51 am »
Great update Honey :) Off on  my hols today, hope things are still looking up when I'm back.x.