Author Topic: SS gone since illness and daycare - HELP  (Read 2233 times)

Offline First mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: SS gone since illness and daycare - HELP
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2015, 20:25:10 pm »
They do all sleep together.  Up until the decision to transition to 1 nap with the illness and ss going out the window they were spending some naps up to 40 mins trying to settle her.  I am pretty happy with what they are doing it just doesn't seem to be working.

Despite such a yucky day we had a pretty great night. Bt 5:50pm up 5:40amith a blip at 7:50pm for about 10 minutes,

I looked back through her daycare book and the last time she had a good independent sleep there was the 29/6 which is right on the mark for when she got ill.  I took her to the doctors 2 days later.

Due to being unwell we also missed a whole week of daycare so its kind of like we are starting again.  I'm staying positive.  We will get there again  :)

Just need to be super careful on the days following daycare that I get on top of any sleep debt.

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2015, 20:51:33 pm »
I just want to chime in that when we transitioned DS1 from 2-1, there was a solid 2 weeks of bumpiness.  There were EW all over the place and it wasn't until we set the bed time that everything started to even out again.  I was trying to do early bed time on the days his cat nap didn't happen but that just did not work!  It took me almost a solid month to transition DS1 and I kept the catnap in the afternoon until I had him going to sleep at noon. 
Could you request the day care spends more time helping her fall asleep?  I remember there were certain babies that were laid down first because they took longer to settle and then the quick-to-fall-asleep set, my son and his two buddies, were laid down a little later because they'd just nod off.  Maybe the workers could do that?

Offline First mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2015, 06:42:01 am »
Thanks lauradj.  I collected her early from daycare today as unwell again  :-[

I don't have much wriggle room with moving her bt.  It's always been 6-6:15pm.  We tried when she was a bit younger to shift her whole day and it didn't go well.  If we rewind a few months we were 6-6 which was great.  Teeth, leaps, personality etc and we are where we are now.  I'm still pretty happy with her 11-11.5 that we were getting but with the day naps getting shorter and shorter and now transitioning I feel like I was only treading water and not improving anything for her.

I've got her now for 5 days in a row before daycare next week so am hoping to follow the same plan as last week.  Regardless of wake up (within reason) nap at 11:30 and I'm going to try my best to avoid a cn in the morning if I can.  We had good success with a 70 minute nap with no resettling last week and I managed to stretch her to 95 mins with a bit of patting so am confident we can do this!!!  She has always responded well to things we have tried I've just been a bit unsure with the illness and then the self settling going and daycare which is new (8 weeks).

What schedule did you follow, did you have to try a couple?

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2015, 21:30:13 pm »
Before DS stared day care, I knew they had lunch at 11:30-12:00 and naps around 12:30-1 so I worked towards that.  I remember that I tried to make the morning nap the long one and just a quick 45 mins in the afternoon, sometimes an hour if the morning nap was total rubbish.  Once I was able to push him to 11:30 I think I abandoned the cat nap (that's when we had all the wonky early bed times that didn't work), and then I just kept gently pushing him until I got him to 12:30.  The day care staff all said a lot of the kids just push on through because they're so busy they don't even realize they're tired.