Author Topic: 6 month old still can't sleep by herself  (Read 687 times)

Offline Chriswsn

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 13, 2015, 01:05:19 am »
I have been training my daughter to sleep on her own for about 3 weeks but she still cries a lot at night while daytime naps are generally ok since she can fall asleep on her own.

She is 6.5 month old so I started 4hr routine for her. Her is her schedule
E 7:30 bf
   8.30 breakfast
A
S 9:30( 40 mins )

E 11:30 bf
   12:30 lunch
A
S 1:00 (2 hrs)

E 3:30 bf
   4:30 dinner
S 5:00 ( 30mins)
After this catnap she is so fussy so I have to bath her and nurse her put her to crib. Then she will play for about 10mins and start to cry for 50 mins which has lasted for 3 weeks.

She will sleep for 1 hour and wake up I normally feed her as her dream food. But sometimes she will wake up again at 10/11. Then bf again.
And she will wake 2 times at midnight I usually give her paci once and other time I have to feed her.

I'm relly frustrated now not sure what to do.
Please give some advice.

Thank you

Offline newkidontheblock

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 42
Re: 6 month old still can't sleep by herself
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 08:55:56 am »
I think more A time might help. 2 hours is appropriate for a 4 month old yk? Could you try for 3 hours and see? Just start fresh with a new A time. You will need to give it at least a week to see if this time is working as she might get OT in the process. FWIW, by 6 months, we were on 3.20 A --- some are doing more, some are doing less -- we need to figure out the perfect A for her, and you will know it's right when naps start lengthening. keep me posted