Author Topic: Early morning wake up (5 mos old)-to feed or not to feed?  (Read 1255 times)

Offline melamont

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Early morning wake up (5 mos old)-to feed or not to feed?
« on: July 15, 2015, 14:55:55 pm »
Hello all! My 4.5 month old (will be 5 months next week, but was 3 weeks early) typically wakes around 3/4am to eat, after going down at 7:45pm (last bottle at 7pm, no DF-we are on 4 hour EASY). He has slept thru the night on occassion as well. But lately, he is waking crying at 5am.
I am curious-would I still treat this as a hunger waking? I did feed him half a bottle (4 oz) this morning at 5am, and he fell back asleep until 7am when I woke him.
I am hoping this means he is extending his night sleep and will soon be sleeping thru the night. I am just hesitant to feed him at 5am, as it is so close to the 7am start feed of the day, but don't know what to do otherwise.

Thanks in advance! :)

Offline LovelyLilyandJack

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
  • Formerly lovelylily
Re: Early morning wake up (5 mos old)-to feed or not to feed?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 19:57:14 pm »
I would treat it as a hunger waking at this age, yes, especially if he's feeding and going back to sleep.  Doing a half feed often works well at this time, which is exactly what you're doing by the sounds of it.  It sounds like he's doing really well :)

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 20:45:22 pm »
Yep. For sure just feed and get a couple extra hours sleep. No one wants to start the day at 5am.

Offline melamont

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 22:34:27 pm »
Thanks so much! Will treat it as a hunger issue, and hopefully it starts to stretch to 7am :)