Author Topic: changing routine for 15 weeks during playschool drop offs/pick ups  (Read 3561 times)

Offline wilow

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: changing routine for 15 weeks during playschool drop offs/pick ups
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2015, 13:43:32 pm »
He can manage 3,5hours now in that heat, before 4hr were not a problem. I know about GS and also he is teething badly so not happy days :) always something. He is 35min 45min napping now and has difficulty to resettle, sometimes after half an hour he fells asleep for another 45min, night are not too bad but he has only like 2,5 - 3 hr sleep during the day...and 10hr during the night. His day napping are really light and he is sleeping with one eye open ready to wake up with any noise :) I try to use white noise but I dont know it its working. Last night he was awake at 2am and chating for an hour :/ He starts to be dependet on soother also and he cannot put it in yet by himself. I try not use it except sleeping but when he does not have soother he has difficulties to go back to sleep.

Offline trimbler

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2015, 19:59:16 pm »
Hugs you must be tired! Feel free to post a day or two's EASY routine if and when you like, but as you say there's lots going on at the moment, hopefully things will settle down in a few days...

Offline wilow

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2015, 16:38:21 pm »
Hi Did not have much time to reply.
DS2 routine is all over the place to be honest. He sleeps 45 min every 1,5h or 2h. he will take only 3 naps sometimes really tired he will take 4th at 6.30pm but I need to wake him in 20 min to safe BT. Because of that he is awake early also - now WU 6.00am, before 7.20am :/ He started to feed every 3.0 - 3.5hr before he manage 4hr, so I dont know what is happening....
His day is like this now
WU between 6 and 6.40am
feed 7.00am I try to keep feeding time at 7.00am but it is dificult becasue my DH is pushing me to feed when he is awake....
sleep 9 - 9.35 - 9.45
feed 10.00am
sleep 12.00 - 12.45pm
feed 1.00pm
sleep 3.00pm -3.45pm
feed 4.00pm
sleep sometimes 6.00 - 6.20pm
feed 7.00pm
sleep 7.40pm
df 10.40pm
nf 4am

He is crying and I cannot get him back to sleep also my DH does not help he thinks is ok 45 min naps...he dont understand that he needs more sleep....
I think I might wait til I come back home becasue I dont think it will work any way to keep routine. Probably it will take some time to back on track.
I just dont know what to do now really.

Offline trimbler

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2015, 16:56:00 pm »
(((Hugs))) I feel your frustration and really hope you're able to enjoy your holiday nonetheless? Can you do some APOP to  help get you through? I agree it's probably best to try and go with the flow for now and look at things again once you're home, you should then also be out of 4mo GS territory at least but of course there's so much else going on at that age, IMO just getting through each day is an achievement in itself :-*

Offline wilow

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2015, 05:26:22 am »
I do try but it is hard as I get little sleep. Good that at least my older one sleeps pretty good. Can you tell me what APOP and IMO means? I don't know all shortcuts 😊

Offline trimbler

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2015, 18:43:34 pm »
Oh sorry, APOP = accidental parenting on purpose - ie doing whatever you have to do to help them sleep (eg sling, swing, car, pram, rocking, co-sleeping etc), in the knowledge that you may be creating a prop which may need weaning later, at this age I suspect it wouldn't be too big an issue though. IMO = in my opinion :) (((hugs))) sleep deprivation is not fun :(