Author Topic: Great nights after bad naps day  (Read 897 times)

Offline Ima shel Alon

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 204
  • Alon was once a tiny baby
Great nights after bad naps day
« on: July 16, 2015, 06:58:38 am »
Alon was very much like Tracey described, if he napped good during the day the nights were good as well. But Ben is a whole different story ;D
If he naps well during the day, so 2x1.5-2h naps + a CN the we get three NW and an EW. It's not exactly EW because he goes to bed at 19:30 and will wake up at 6:30, but it's early compared to nights after bad naps day. If he naps 1 full nap but struggles with the other 2, has a long A time before BT then the night is better with only 2 NW which are totally fine with me. He would then wake up between 7:00 and 7:45.
So what do I do? He is doing better on short naps. but is that ok? And does someone has an idea how to do his routine without him getting tired? Is it better that his short naps are the one in the morning and the one in the afternoon?
I guess I am looking for reassurance that it's ok for him to not sleep enough during the day... that and how can set the day? Shall I give him too much A time in the morning (he is now on 1:50h A time) in order to get an OT nap or that will just mess up the whole day?
I didn't plan it till now, it's just something I noticed happening because naps are not always successful.

Did anyone else experience this with their babies?

My journey of making 1000 goodies using unrefined sugar: http://1000crumbs.com/

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
Re: Great nights after bad naps day
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 14:00:57 pm »
Yes! DS has always had a long A time and never really took a CN. He dropped to two naps by 6mo, and that was with 5am WU a lot of days. He's fine!

You can't make them sleep, you can just tailor to their needs. So see what he likes and go from there.
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015