Author Topic: 4 Month Old NW and EW. This Mama is Tired!  (Read 2868 times)

Offline theu.s.lees

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 12
    • Neyssa Lee Photography
Re: 4 Month Old NW and EW. This Mama is Tired!
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2015, 16:22:12 pm »
So today, I'm trying to tackle those 40 minute naps. It was such a battle yesterday of trying to resettle, and then having an OT baby. Then I went for a walk with the family to the park and, of course, she fell asleep in the Tula. Which meant she was UT at BT (yet still showing tired signs) so it was a bit of a battle. Then we had a 2am and 5:30 nw.

I set an alarm for her first nap, so that I wouldn't lose track of time and be too late. We did a good long wind down, and then I put her in the crib. I have another alarm set for 35 minutes from her start time to go in to be ready to resettle. We shall see how this goes.

Offline Kellyjs

• Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2015, 19:10:17 pm »
I would definitely still feed at that NW hun, could definitely be hunger still at this age. Tbh that's not too bad at all considering. Once at night is much better than you were getting before, so I'm inclined to think the NW's aren't a prop thing.

Yay go you! I do think the not nursing before naps should help you and your DH settle her better in time.

You didn't say how it went with the 2hr A time after the 45-50mims nap? Was that nap longer hun?mdid you need to resettle?

Remember sometimes this can be purely developmental at this age ok? Short naps are yucky, I lived with them for 8mths, but I'm sure once we crack it, or she gets out of her developmental rough patch it will get better.

Keep a track of the days as you said, including NW's and everything you do to settle before nap,  and during if needs to be resettled. We need to come up with a consistent way of settling her which works with you (apart from nursing) so your DH can replicate it when he's doing BT. This hand on her and sshing could be just the way to go. Eventually you'll be able to lessen that in time, but I really think it's a great place to start. Keep with it ok? And I'm here for you when you need to vent ((hugs)) xx

Offline theu.s.lees

• Showing Appreciation 12
    • Neyssa Lee Photography
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2015, 13:49:54 pm »
Thanks I appreciate it. I know it's a stage and this is the roughest age (or the first of them, I suppose!) between the regression and the growth spurts, etc. The lack of sleep is just starting to wear on me and I'm having such a migraine lately.

So yesterday was better! Better naps. But then NW were abundant. I'm not sure what happened. I'm guessing maybe OT at BT, but it doesn't seem like it could be that. Maybe the A time to BT is too long after a CN.

Monday NW - 2 & 5:30
Tuesday:
WU/E - 7am
A
S - 9 - 11 am (started wind down at 8:40, resettle at 9:33, woke her at 11)
E - 11:15
A
S: 1-2:30 (wind down at 12:45, no resettle!)
E: 2:30
A
S: 4:30-4:55
E: 6:30
BT: 7pm
Resettle - 9pm, 12:30pm
NW (I fed her) - 1pm, 4pm

Is that CN too short then? I was trying to save BT to keep the 12 hour day, but maybe it needs to be longer as she can't do 2 hrs after a CN?

Offline Kellyjs

• Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 18:50:53 pm »
Yep, I'd bet that A to BT was too long hun. I reckon you could stretch that CN to 45mins and still keep BT at 7pm. Wdyt?

This is looking so much better, go you. I knew the NW's were tough yesterday, but the day sleep looks great xx

Offline mommyDL

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2015, 09:38:09 am »
Just read this thread and wanted to say that you are an amazing mom. NOT a rubbish one. I think we all have those moments but the fact that you are so devoted to your child just proves what a great mother you are. Hang in there these things take time. (My LO took three weeks to get on Easy and we are still making tweaks. As they say the only constant is change.)