Author Topic: Which EASY routine?  (Read 1013 times)

Offline Emmageddon

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 17, 2015, 15:10:58 pm »
Any suggestions very welcome!

My LO is 10 weeks old. Until 8/9 weeks we were happily doing the 3 hour EASY routine with great success. Then, after her 8 week jabs, she started to stop feeding well and never ever woke up hungry. I put this down to reflux (now being treated by the drs and a cranial osteopath - both of which are helping) and a desire to wait longer for a feed. I'm now feeding her every 4 hours and she is actually eating (yay!). Problem is... What EASY routine should I be following? She can't stay awake long enough for a EASY 4 hour feed routine meaning her naps are a lot longer than normal and they just aren't working - she wakes up and wants up! Should I do EASYASY?

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: Which EASY routine?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 09:00:14 am »
Hi, EASY is all about listening to your baby whilst (hopefully) not setting yourself up for trouble by creating a feed to sleep association, so you may find you end up doing something like this:
7 - wake, eat
8:30 - nap
10 - wake
11 - eat, bit of a gap if you can between feed and sleep, even just 5 mins of activity
11:30 - nap
1 - wake - see if she'll take a snack feed in this A time somewhere if worried about the nap/5hr space between feeds
2:30 - nap
4 - wake, eat
5:30 - nap
6 - wake, tank up if she'll take the extra feed (possible she will if that 5hr space between feeds does eventuate but just go with BT feed if not)
7 - BT feed/sleep by 7:30

or even vary the afternoon:
2:30 - nap
3 - wake, eat
4:00 - nap
5:30 - wake
6:30/7 - BT feed/sleep by 7/7:30

My DS did much better with fewer feeds very early on too and it wasn't until I fed him less frequently that he really starting to put on weight, so we did have SAS without E at times and he was fine. That's not to say your DD will be ok with that - something for you to test out and see how she goes - you know her far better than I, after all!

Offline Knemec

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 20:04:54 pm »
With my first we switched to 4 hour schedule at 10 weeks and she grew in to the awake time and gradually shortened her naps..So I say go for it!