Author Topic: how to reintroduce daddy putting 6 mo to bed  (Read 904 times)

Offline ele

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
how to reintroduce daddy putting 6 mo to bed
« on: July 18, 2015, 17:25:34 pm »
my DD is EBF. she is 6.5 mo. Something fell through the cracks and the past month - month and a half I was the only one putting her for the night. She got also a little bit used to having my hand to fall asleep. I am weaning her off this a bit, but she is absolutely upset if daddy puts her to sleep and I don't how to best reintroduce this (mommy didn't leave, but daddy puts you to sleep now). Since I BF her this seems  a bit counterintuitive. She doesn't have yet separation anxiety though. Thank ou

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: how to reintroduce daddy putting 6 mo to bed
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 22:18:21 pm »
Honestly, I think this is one where you have to 'just do it' if it is important to you as a family. I mean, if you are going to BF right before bed at this point, and it's really not important that she should be put to bed by daddy, then there's no harm. If it's important that she should take a bottle of expressed milk and daddy do bedtime, it's best if you just stay out of the picture altogether, it will be confusing and frustrating for her if she knows you are there but won't do the bedtime routine.

Offline ele

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 01:30:18 am »
no, I don't want bottle, but it would be nice to have husband share in settling her down when she is going asleep for the night. she tends to cry so it is just hard to be the only one and husband is also a bit upset that he is left out.

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 08:31:13 am »
I agree with Anna - just do it :). She may cry but as long as she isn't being left alone and Daddy is there to comfort and reassure her that's ok.  At this age really they adapt so so quickly to change, we don't give them enough credit x

Offline anna*

• Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 09:32:57 am »
And make it a regular thing. If daddy does bedtime 1 x per week, it is going to seem 'new' to her every time. If he does bedtime 3-4x per week she will get used to it much more quickly.

Offline ele

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 23:25:56 pm »
Thank you!