Author Topic: Does my baby need increased A time?  (Read 827 times)

Offline Westsmom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 20, 2015, 18:05:49 pm »
My baby is 20 weeks and over the weekend started to wake every 2 hours at night. And wake up early from his naps after his first morning nap which is still lasting 1.5 hrs. However at night he is not really awake in my opinion it is that he is having switching between cycles of sleep. He will fuss an latch and drink for about 5 minutes then he is out again. He started these night wakings 6 weeks ago following his 3 month growth spurt. Prior to his spurt he was sleeping from 8 at night until 730 am with only one night wakening to eat between 3&5 am. Then he began to wake up twice a night then 3 times and now like 8 said its every 2 hours. Also, in the last two days he is waking up from his second and third naps early (30-40) minutes in. I am able to get him back down but usually he has no problems with naps. His normal activity time is 2 hrs but I am wondering if it should not now be increased to 2.5 hrs.

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: Does my baby need increased A time?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 18:52:05 pm »
Would you mind posting a couple of days easy for me hun? It'll be easier to judge then.. Including the NW's.

Waking every two hours could signal discomfort. Have you started solids early? Or can you see if any teething is going on there? Also, do you feed at every NW? Sorry for all the questions! It just helps getting a full picture xx

Offline Westsmom

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 13:09:43 pm »
I will post today and yesterday's easy tomorrow morning. I have don't plan on starting solids until another month. However, he is teething! His bottom teeth are now through. And I am hoping he will get a break before his top two come through. I do feed at every night waking and I am not sure how to break that habit. He is not actually hungry and is just using it for comfort.

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 18:40:03 pm »
It's probably not a good idea to deal with it whilst he's teething hun, we can always tackle that later. I'd concentrate on getting him to sleep independently for naps and BT, NW's are a whole other ball game and IMO we do anything to get us through.

Try medicating with ibuprofen for teeth, it works wonders. And elevating the mattress slightly if you can. A couple of towels under one end of the mattress. The NW's should settle down after this teething  episode stops. Then we can look at tweaking,your routine if needs be if it continues xx

Offline Westsmom

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 18:57:21 pm »
Sounds good thanks! He already is sleeping independently for both naps and at night. Before naps we sit in a chair in his room and I sing him a song then place him in his crib awake. At night we do bath,feed and story and he is placed in bed awake as well.

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 19:33:28 pm »
Super! Then I wouldn't worry for the time being hun. Let's get over this yucky phase then reassess. You may find the WU's are better anyway if you medicate rather than feed for some?? Xx