Author Topic: Really need your help am completely lost  (Read 4324 times)

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Really need your help am completely lost
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2015, 06:46:05 am »
That's quite a late WU to get a normal BT. Are you going to ask her to cap it if he doesn't sleep till 2.30pm? Sometimes my DS gets that way if he's hungry too or if he's not feeling 100% sometimes he's just like it for no reason lol (hormones already  ;))

Hope you have a good night.
Zoe

Offline toscacat

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2015, 08:54:25 am »
Quite late....it's very late! I NEVER let him sleep past 1530.  Night ok he woke at 8 but is clearly still tired. Yes I have asked her to aim for 1330-1500 but cap at 45-60mins if he falls asleep after 1430. Tonight I am going to try a new tactic...we shall wait and watch (within reason) for him to look tired rather than bedtime being fixed regardless and see if he can show me!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 08:56:09 am by toscacat »

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2015, 12:39:38 pm »
Lol yes very late..sounds like a good idea re childminder.

Let me know how the new tactic goes x
Zoe

Offline toscacat

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2015, 16:26:42 pm »
So it resulted in no nap! And apparently no signs of crabiness etc he woke at 8 so will aim for 7pm bedtime.

She normally gets him asleep in the stroller but had said if we get him in a routine this weekend she will try and stick with it and put him in the cot at hers rather than the pushchair....I just wonder with it being the school holidays he is so overestimulated he can't nap. He is also chewing on his fist.... Surely the molars can't be responsible for being this all over the place.

Time to get tough. I will wake him at 7.15 tomorrow regardless to try and reset him and aim for nap at 1330 and see what Time he goes down! Assuming he falls asleep straight away would you give him til 1430 or 1500 for a 1945/2000 bed time

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2015, 17:56:50 pm »
Yeah I'd definitely do 7pm BT tonight.
It could that the it's too interesting for him to sleep and yes teeth could well be on the move too.

I'd prob do the 1.5 nap and aim for 8pm BT x
Zoe

Offline toscacat

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2015, 20:12:36 pm »
Thanks.... Sadly we missed the boat. He was showing tired signs but I needed him to take his medicine which took way longer than usual as he was being stubborn and ended up in a  overtired crying mess by 6.50....asleep by 7. So an 11 hr day is too long on nnd...we shall aim for 10.5 if needed again. Alarm is set to have him up at 7.15 so watch this space!

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2015, 05:24:50 am »
With nnd there will be some OT so don't worry too much, if he sleeps till 7.15 then you've had a good 12 hour night and that's great to start the next day on. x
Zoe

Offline toscacat

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2015, 06:30:28 am »
He woke once at 2300 had a quick cup of milk and went back no issues. He started saying mummy at 7.15... Not sure if he is awake before he shouts as he has been known to lie there very quietly!  Right let's hope with a calm morning and a close eye we can get the nap timing right!

Offline toscacat

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2015, 14:04:18 pm »
So he went down at 1315 was asleep by 1330 and we woke him up at 1500.  Slightly grumpy but coped well...we went in at about 1450 just to open the door and curtains etc to try and make it a more natural wake up and think we got him in a cycle change as he was starting to stir. He spent ten mins refusing to get out of cot but then decided all was well!  Only thing to note was he requested the fan on so I put it on five min timer.. He started really getting upset so I went in and the fan had finished.  He asked for it back on and then went quiet...could it be that he his used to the white noise of the  fan? Anything to do except remove the fan from his room...out of sight out of mind etc

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2015, 08:21:32 am »
How was the night? Do you want to remove the fan? If not I wouldn't worry about it x
Zoe

Offline toscacat

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2015, 08:32:45 am »
I was working the night shift so daddy did bedtime. He went down at 1945 without a peep... But he is better for daddy.  Tonight will be the tester. I dont mind the fan but I don't really want to have it running throughout the winter ;)

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2015, 18:59:12 pm »
Hopefully it will be a good night for you. Yeah fan could be an issue in winter but you could tackle it another time if it's not a problem right now x
Zoe

Offline toscacat

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2015, 23:28:06 pm »
We seem to be doing well....Although typically now he has a vomiting bug! Wake up 7.15/730 nap down at  1315 -1500 and bedtime put down at 7.45 is working well.

I think tomorrow I will have to let him sleep in if he needs it to a degree as he has been vomiting and his temp is up so he probably needs the sleep

Thanks for the hand holding x

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2015, 05:15:01 am »
Oh no poor thing, yes just let him sleep whenever if he's poorly. Quickest way for him to get better and then you should be back on track ok afterwards when he's on the mend x
Zoe