Author Topic: Is my baby sleep deprived?  (Read 706 times)

Offline centrestage88

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« on: July 23, 2015, 14:13:44 pm »
Hi ladies,

I don't know if I'm making my 5 mth old lo sleep deprived. =(Every morning I have to wake him up and I have to wake him up from his last nap of the day in order for him to sleep at his designated bedtime. His naps are irregular but often his last nap is too close to bedtime so I wake him up.I cant allow him to sleep in in the morning as we all have to leave the house. And a 730pm bedtime is pretty much the earliest that I can put him to bed after rushing home.

I read that a consistent bedtime and wake up time will lead to lo adjusting his day time naps such that his total sleep for the day is met. However, it seems that my lo isnt adjusting his day naps. I'm so worried that I'm making him sleep deprived.

Should I put him to bed earlier? However, that would mean that total night sleep would be >12 hours. Isnt that too long? Would he end up waking up earlier?
His current bedtime is 730pm. wake up time is 730am.

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: Is my baby sleep deprived?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 18:34:49 pm »
If he'll go to sleep at 6.30 is totally do that. At the same age my DD was doing a 13 hr night.

Offline centrestage88

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 04:40:29 am »
Thks Anna! I was afraid that a 13 hrs night would be too long! Will try to push his bedtime forward if possible.