Author Topic: Routine tricky with 4hour easy  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Aking

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 24, 2015, 05:34:59 am »
Hi,
So I have been having some trouble with my
Baby's schedule. He is an angel baby for sure. Rarely ever cries, has a soother to sleep but settles on his own awake and is very happy. However I can't seem to get his sleep pattern on to a set schedule.
his wake up times vary and bedtimes vary and so it make a very confusing time for me tryig to figure out a proper bedtime routine.
Typical day
Wakes at 700 but may not be ready to eat until 800am for example because his night time feeds vary and he is feeding every four hours (and often doesn't cry to be fed unless he is starved!)
So having to wait an hour to feed means I usually feed him close to his sleep times.
So...my day usually looks like this:
A-7
E-8
S-9
945 mark usually wakes looking for soother but settles right back on his own
Continues sleep until 11
Y
A 11
E-12
A12-1
S1-3, often wake in middle, sometimes will sleep till 330 or 4 even
Y

E-4
A-4-6, then he is tired but it's too late for a cat nap though e can't stay up later or else he loses it
S 6-630

A-630-8
E 8
S 815, to bed. Tonight he woke crying, got him back down but had to rock him. Then woke again. Couldn't settle and he atarted to wake my toddler so I fed him a bit then put him down awake and he settled.

Nighttime should be something like this
)topped up at 10pm ish (one breast)

Should wake to feed around 2ish and then usually he wakes around 5am having to poo. He lets all his gas and poo out and usually I have to change him and put him back in bed. He lays awake for sometime before he sleeps and then he sleep
Usually until
About 7.

So my schedule is such a mix up and I don't know how to fix it. It's hard as I would like to have set nap times and bedtime. My son is 4 months today. Solely breastfed and often naps on the go in the day as I have a 3 year old. When he naps on the go he is often more tired and settles into his nighttime at 630pm.

Please help! I don't know how to fix it. thanks!
Ali

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: Routine tricky with 4hour easy
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 08:24:00 am »
I'd wake him at 3 so you can do a short catnap 5-5.30 and then bed at 7.

Offline Aking

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 15:46:03 pm »
Ok I'll try that. He didn't settle well last night so he actually didn't fall to sleep until about 9pm (bed at 8, waking and sleeping). Then he woke at 1-130 wanting soother and just cooing, then I fed him at 2am and then he slept until 815am

So his schedule varies. Should I be waking him at 7 every morning regardless if he doesn't sleep until later in the evening?

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: Routine tricky with 4hour easy
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 15:49:18 pm »
If you want some consistency to your days, then yes. If you're happy to go with a flow a bit, then no ;)