Author Topic: If I have a consistent Bt and WU time, will baby adjust his naps naturally?  (Read 727 times)

Offline centrestage88

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Hi ladies, I need some advise here. I have ppd and anxiety and find it so stressful trying to adjust baby's A time, nap time etc etc. I get so anxious whenever it is time to put my lo for naps, bed.
I was just wondering if I just fix his bedtime and morning wake up time, will he fall into a natural nap pattern that will give him his required sleep needs for the day?

He can self soothe. And is 5 months old.

Thanks!

Offline newkidontheblock

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 42
I found that a fixed WU and BT helped to set DD's body clock and set a pattern to our days. But I did need to keep an eye on A times as well. I can completely relate to the anxiety at nap times. It was the same for me. Things got a lot easier once I got a sling. So even if the day's naps weren't great, we would get a nice CN in the sling and  it was a win-win as we went for a walk & got some fresh air during. I found that things got a lot better around this age, hun, especially when we dropped to 2 naps. {{hugs}}

Offline centrestage88

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Thks for the advise. Will carrying my lo in a sling make it become a sleep prop though? Can self soothing be unlearned?

Offline newkidontheblock

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 42
I didn't have an issue with it. And it was handy to have around if nothing else was working:) I wouldn't say self-soothing can be unlearned but they can learn other habits just as quickly. As long as your are clear & consistent in your approach, I'm sure things will be fine