Author Topic: Help for 18 month old night routine please!!!  (Read 2519 times)

Offline cath~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 152
Re: Help for 18 month old night routine please!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2015, 06:40:05 am »
Possibly a bit OT from the short nap and got a second wind? Combined with trouble settling anyway and not a good combination :(

Hope your night was ok in the end.
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old

Offline Laineybobs

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2015, 19:25:21 pm »
Things seem to be getting worse here - we are totally lost! We decided on wed night to cap nap next day to see what would happen. Well that went out window - he conked fast asleep at 1130, after waking at 7 and slept 2 solid hours and I had to wake him at half 1. Thought maybe GS as was eating more. That night went to bed at 8 with little fighting maybe 15 mins. So thought would see what next day broight - he woke at 710, and once again conked at 1140, could not keep him awake. Woke at 140 but wantes longer. Went to bed for 750 and again easier to put down, maybe 15 mins. But last 2 days gone to pot - woke at 7 on sat, napped 1240, we woke him at 155 so just over 1.5 hours and then last night he took ages to sleep, tried him at 8 but took about 30 mins to settle. Then bad an unsettled night tho didnt go in to him. He woke at 640 for day, went down at 1240 and we woke him at 150. He's v unhaopy when woke from nap - v grumpy and takes a while to come out of it. Tonight we bathed him and at 730 he snuggles in and closed his eyes - normally a sign of wanting to sleep. Hubby took him up and he went hysterical - laughing and wanting to play. It's now been nearly an hour and he's still not asleep? What are we doing wrong? I don't understand where balance is?!!! Help!!

Offline Mackjack

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2015, 22:36:57 pm »
Oh my your problem is so similar to mine - I'm having exactly the same issues! !! Please, if you find any kind of solution do post it as I'm as lost as you!  My lo has bursts of energy in his cot at BT too even when we know he's exhausted. Thing is he does it when he's UT too so we are clueless.

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2015, 05:45:53 am »
Lainey could you post your routine for couple of days? Is that a nap at 11:30 and long A till bedtime helped in your case?
~Marta

Offline Laineybobs

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2015, 05:53:07 am »
The early napped helped a wee bit but Prob more to help him catch up on lost sleep. Thing is on other days he's not tired enough to sleep until after 12 so the early nap goes out the window? I'll post his routine on Wednesday after a few days so we see where we are then! Last night he slept at half 8 and woke today at 615 but went back for 30 mins so barley 10 hours? I'm so lost!

Offline cath~

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2015, 08:29:18 am »
Sounds like he did have a GS (or perhaps ill?) with him needing more sleep for a couple of days there.

That's a good idea to see how things go for the next couple of days.

My DD is a similar age and has just started nodding off more quickly again at naps and BT, so I do think the trouble settling was regression and that we're now (coming) out of it.
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old

Offline Laineybobs

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2015, 19:05:46 pm »
Thought j would come back and update! I think we're coming out the other side of this thank goodness after 6 weeks of hell! Thought we were through IT last week but had a hard week this week again. But for last 4 nights it's taken him 10 mins to fall asleep at night and he's been going to sleep about 730/745 again! Hallelujah! What we did was to follow the advice - capping his nap at 1hr 30- we struggled with this initally as he hates being woken up and still does but we're persevering with it! The other results of this is he's sleeping later in morning top - 715/730. It's been tough tho and there have been times it's taken 1.5 hours to get him to sleep but think sticking to routine has helped. And he's going through some big leaps - chatting constant, repeating words, just generally happy! So take faith, it will pass! Just do what you need to do to get through it!! ️Xx

Offline cath~

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2015, 08:47:52 am »
so pleased to read your update that things are improving again :)

A drink and a snack often help my DD2 "come round" when I have to wake her from a nap and she's not too pleased about it!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 21:18:09 pm by cath~ »
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old

Offline Kellyjs

• Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2015, 18:40:51 pm »
Yay! Think it was around 6weeks here too. Thanks so much for the update, it really helps when people are reading over old threads.

A snack and an episode of the blasted peppa pig works here for waking from a nap  ::) xx