Author Topic: Baby only happy on the change mat!  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Kezzie

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 28, 2015, 09:16:19 am »
For he last few days my 10 week old has started crying for a reason I can't work out and then find the only thing that calms her (and seems to make her happy and excited) is lying on the change mat we have in the front room.
She cries uncool ably when I hold her, doesn't want food, nappy is changed and won't lie down in other sleeping options without crying.

She did this last night and I thought it made her overstimulated or tired and took 1.5 hours tot calm her to go to sleep.

I can't just leave her on the change mat all day, and I'm worried she'll end up overtired again which was what I was trying to avoid.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Baby only happy on the change mat!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 07:56:03 am »
Hi - giving you a bump, hope you get some replies soon.

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 08:29:40 am »
Hi Hon! Lying on the mat isn't probably a bad activity for a 10wo if that calms her down. I would be so concern. The question would be why she was so ot/os? Can you post your routine?

At 10 weeks when they are still tiny and in newborn stage different things calm them down. They also go through many wonder weeks and growth spurts and they sleep needs may fluctuate. One day they are perfectly happy on some A time, the other day they are struggling.
~Marta

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: Baby only happy on the change mat!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 05:22:06 am »
You also might try to figure out what it is about the mat (if anything, babies just try to confuse us sometimes!) -- is it elevated?  Near a window?  Soft/snug?