Author Topic: 2.5 yo no nap and early wu  (Read 760 times)

Offline sunflower321

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: July 29, 2015, 07:01:25 am »
My daughter is 2 and a half and always had very hsn. Her routine until about 4 months ago was
Wu         7.30/8
Nap        1.00 (1.5-3 hours)
Bt            8.30/9.30 depending on nap length
But then she started to refuse the nap some days. So it became
Wu          8.30
Bt             7
This worked great for us for about 2 weeks. Then she started taking the nap again some days and not the others. Again that worked fine with bedtime just alternating accordingly.
But last week and this week she has refused the nap again but her routine is
Wu       6.15
Bt         7
I'm finding these early starts hard because I have a 7 month old too. I know some people don't find 6 early but we never really had wu before 7.30. But it's not just that. She's so tired from the short nights and no nap. It's all I can do to keep her up til 7 at night. I tried a 6.30 bt and she got up earlier!
I put her into her room every day at naptime for an hour. Well I used to. Now she won't stay the hour. Gets hysterical. Working herself into a terrible state.
I could force a nap by driving her in the car at about 1.30. Do you think I should?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 2.5 yo no nap and early wu
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 12:27:27 pm »
Hi there, we did get nap refusal at this age some are dropping naps around now.

If you feel LO needs a nap try the car nap or have u tried putting her down later at home?

Most LO need a short day when dropping naps so with a 6.30 WU I'd try a 5.30 BT so that your then not getting into OT territory. I know you've said you've tried early but sometimes you need a leap of faith and go that bit earlier x
Zoe

Offline sunflower321

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 14:37:50 pm »
But when she wasn't napping before she used to wake at 8.30 or 9. I'd like to get her wu back later to 7.30 at least. If I put her to bed at 5.30 she definitely won't sleep late in the morning. She took a nap today no problem and I woke her after an hour and a half. Usually on a nap day bt is 8.30 but she's very tired so I think I'll put her in at 7.30 tonight because I think she needs to catch up

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 2.5 yo no nap and early wu
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 15:27:00 pm »
If shes happily napped today it might have been a developmental phase is she just 2.5yrs or nearer 3?

Sounds like a plan with the BT if she's HSN will give her chance to catch up.
Zoe