Author Topic: How long does lo's nap schedule last before it changes again?  (Read 15623 times)

Offline centrestage88

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Re: How long does lo's nap schedule last before it changes again?
« Reply #150 on: November 08, 2015, 05:28:35 am »
Would you be able to look at my feeding schedule and see if it's okay?

Wu: 730am
E: 8am
E:9am ( this feed is only if he takes a bit at 8am. Sometimes he doesn't want to drink much at 8am, so I try to feed him again at 9am and he guzzles)
Solids:10am
E: 1130am
Nap: 1145-130pm/145pm ( uncapped. Drowsy on boob)
E: 230pm
Solids:  330pm
Nap: 445-515pm ( capped)
Bedtime: 730pm

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 05:34:13 am by centrestage88 »

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #151 on: November 08, 2015, 08:30:39 am »
Wow! Wonderful routine! So your gut feeling of an uncapped nap at 11.30 was spot on - Go Mama!!! :)

On the E routine. Looks fine.  The morning milk feeds are a little unusual but some LOs just don't like to eat first thing when they wake in the morning and need a bit of awake time first. So long as he is feeding well, it's fine.
I am assuming there is another milk feed just before BT too.

WRT props and feeding to sleep, if you just rouse him a little before putting him down I'm sure it will be ok.  I used to tell mine (if he ever nodded off before he was in bed) quite loudly "I'm putting you into bed now so you can sleep properly. Call if you need me" so he was truly aware that I was going.  He usually opened his eyes a moment then went to sleep.

Really, everything looks really good. Hopefully this routine can continue for you so you feel the predictability of the day again.  Well done you for listening to LO and finding where his best sleep would come :)
 :D :D :D

Offline centrestage88

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2015, 14:36:49 pm »
Thanks for the compliment. =)

Lo has been sleeping well for the past few days. I hope it continues. 2 days of STTN and goes down for naps easy. =)

And thanks for the reassurance that he won't use them boobies as a prop. I'm taking a leaf out of your book: Now, I always tell him " have  a nice nap. Mummy loves you!'

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #153 on: November 11, 2015, 19:34:27 pm »
You're doing so so brilliantly!

Really great to hear he is back to sleeping well again.  And again I have to say - you found that routine yourself!!  :D

Offline centrestage88

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #154 on: November 12, 2015, 14:59:19 pm »
Thanks creations =)

He's been napping well and in a good mood. I couldn't have done it without your help!!

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #155 on: November 12, 2015, 19:45:20 pm »
:)
Well, as the title says, let's see how long nap routine lasts before it changes again :) :) :)

Offline centrestage88

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #156 on: November 15, 2015, 15:01:06 pm »
I'm trying to enjoy the predictability while it lasts! :)

Offline centrestage88

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #157 on: November 25, 2015, 14:29:04 pm »
dear creations,
will a holiday mess up lo's independent sleep ability?
DH is suggesting going on a 3 day holiday in January. I'm concerned if lo will be able to sleep in the portable cot. And what to do if he doesn't. And if it will mess up his sleep routine.

How does one bring a 9 month old on a holiday while ensuring that lo retains independent sleep? Or do lo's end up sleeping in the bed with mum? But don't they roll off beds?

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #158 on: November 25, 2015, 17:22:11 pm »
We always co-sleep on holidays...but I do try to start them in the playpen! No one has rolled out but I sleep quite lightly in strange places. I would not let fear of routine disruption keep you from a fun trip - I wont say it is always easy to get back to routine once home but we have never had it totally throw us of the rails. And the kids generally handle it better than DH and I! We were gone from July 22- Aug 14 in 3 locations and they all did great. DD3 even had a leg in a cast at the time.
Heidi

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #159 on: November 25, 2015, 19:40:31 pm »
I didn't stay over night somewhere with DS until he was 3yo!  So I am not a great one for advise on this but if you think you will enjoy the holiday then go :)

Sorry I forgot where you are, just thinking it may be worth taking a hot water bottle, you can pre-warm the portable cot so that if he does end up sleeping on you to fall to sleep or end up in bed with you, you may have a greater chance of transferring him tot he portable cot once he is in a deeper sleep, if it's warm it is less of a shock and less telling that he has been moved form you bed.  Do make sure to remove the hot water bottle or any additional items before you put him in though, obviously normal rules apply for sleep safety (and not too hot on the water bottle either, you want it cosy like a Mummy cuddle but not over heat him!).

I generally go along the lines that an independent sleeper may want or need help in different circumstances or environments but will also return to independence pretty quickly once everything has settled back to normal. I wouldn't worry too much and we are here to help if you need it :)

Offline centrestage88

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #160 on: November 26, 2015, 13:42:34 pm »
Thanks ladies!
I'm going to have to think very long and hard about whether or not to go on a holiday.
I might prob end up way too anxious throughout the entire holiday which totally defeats the purpose of he trip!
Thanks for the advice!