Author Topic: Nw causing me to be a zombie. 8 month old  (Read 1308 times)

Offline LadyA

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Nw causing me to be a zombie. 8 month old
« on: September 07, 2015, 14:38:47 pm »
I starting easy last week. Since I have a spirited reflux baby I have not used pu/pd but usually been holding her hand for comfort with some light humming to get her to sleep. When she is not over or under tired she goes down great. But the night waking are constant every 2-3 hours. Basically the night goes

8 pm bed time feed and down in crib still awake but groggy.
9-10 she always wakes up for a cluster feed and goes right back down

From there it's every 2-3 hours and it gets more and more difficult to get her back to sleep. I'm trying not to feed her for every waking cause I know she doesn't need it but that it's habit. We Coslept for 2 months after 6 month growth spurt caused me to have to do it and yea now I'm regretting it. I have her on a good easy schedule during the day on a normal day her A time is 3-3.5 hours with 2 naps first one being 1.5 hours and the second 45-1 hour. Sometimes alittle less or more. I still have to resettle every nap as she just is not use to this.

She does still use a pacifier but spits it out once she falls asleep but putting it back in when she stirs does not settle her.

My biggest issue is that she is a tummy sleeper has to be put down on tummy or the world ends. But anyway the second she stirs she rubs her face pretty violently, if she has the pacifier this rubs it out of her mouth. Then she rolls onto her back starts kicking and crying. She knows how to roll both ways during the day but at night it's jut plop onto back and cry till I come. I try to roll her over she fights me and cries harder. It's a battle royal every time and with 2-4 waking a night I literally am so tired. It can take on the upwards of an hour and I usually give in and feed her but even after feeding she fights it. Sadly I haven't foun a way to lay sleeping baby on their tummy without waking them 😭 but my goal is for her to just settle even if for now it's using the hand holding shh/humming I do.

Help please I need sleep

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Nw causing me to be a zombie. 8 month old
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 09:19:00 am »
I really feel for you. I know you are getting close to that point of total exhaustion and frustration with the sleep situation.
Many hugs.
Try to remind yourself this is one phase of your baby's life. You WILL get through this. This won't go on for ever.

I'm going to head over and post on your EASY thread just because there is so much more background information there.
Omg I'm new to this.