Author Topic: 9 month old suddenly up all night...  (Read 1459 times)

Offline suzannebowie

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Adjusting to life with three!
9 month old suddenly up all night...
« on: August 05, 2015, 10:24:50 am »
Hi all!
My lo has always been a bit of a fragile sleeper but from about 3/4 months we've had him on a good routine and his awake time has been gradually increasing since then and heade it through the 3-2 transition really well  so a normal day now looks like this

6.30 wake and bottle
7.30 breakfast
10.45nap 1.5 hrs
12.15 up and bottle
1.15 lunch
4 nap 30 mins
4.30 up and bottle
5.30 dinner
6.30 bath etc
7.30 bed

He settles well at bedtime and naps and used to wake maybe once or twice for a dummy or to be re wrapped -arms are STILL swaddled and can't seem to get him to go down without it. I often find him sleeping with his arms out quite happily but to settle initially he seems to need the swaddle! Not ideal I know and I was planning to tackle it this month before I go back to work but then THIS happened!! After bedtime, he sleeps pretty well until about 2am then he's up every hour and needs cuddled back to sleep! This has been going on for about two weeks and I'm reluctant to tweak his routine tooth as we're having 13 hour days as it is and I honestly wouldn't know where to go next apart from transition to 1 nap!

Any help or advice is hugely appreciated xxx

Offline newkidontheblock

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 42
Re: 9 month old suddenly up all night...
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 11:54:27 am »
Could he be teething?

Offline suzannebowie

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Adjusting to life with three!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 15:37:33 pm »
Hi! Yes, newkidontheblock he could definitely be teething but he has 6 teeth already so I would be expecting another two shortly but his teeth have never bothered him this much before so while it's a possibility I think it may be unlikely because h seems to cope quite well with teething! Xx

Offline newkidontheblock

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 42
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 04:27:39 am »
Hmm.. well TBH, my first thought was that 3 hours A might be too long after a 30 minute CN. At least it would have been way too long for my DD at that age. She could handle a max of 1.5 hours A to bed after a 30 minute CN. Would you consider bringing BT to 6.30 and making it a 12 hour day OR letting him nap a bit longer in the pm?