Author Topic: 13 hour + days  (Read 810 times)

Offline suzannebowie

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Adjusting to life with three!
13 hour + days
« on: August 08, 2015, 15:33:06 pm »
Hi!

I posted last week about my 9month old lo and sudden night wakings. The good news is that I pushed his awake time a little and things are getting better-yay!  However we are now left with a 13 hour + day and although the nw seems to have improved I am worried that he not getting enough nighttime sleep and that the 30 minute pm nap isn't enough for him but any longer would take us closer to a 14 hr day!

His easy is

6.30 wake and bottle
7.30 breakfast
11am nap
12.30 up and bottle
1.30 lunch
4.15 nap
4.45 wake and bottle
6 dinner
7 bath etc
7.45 bed

I was thinking maybe a long nap from 11 -1 then an early bedtime but I'm just not sure of the right thing to do! Any ideas where to go from here? Xxx

Offline trimbler

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
Re: 13 hour + days
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 18:04:09 pm »
Yay for things getting better :) Tbh I wouldn't worry about 13h+ days if everything's working - or does he seem extra tired or anything? My DS got by fine with a little less sleep overall before dropping a nap, then he'd sleep a little longer overall once the nap was dropped. I think he went down to 10.5h or slightly less before dropping down to one nap. I reckon if it's not broken, don't 'fix' ;)

Offline suzannebowie

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Adjusting to life with three!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 13:16:27 pm »
Thanks for the reply! He does seem a bit more tired overall and certainly more grumpy but he's getting more teeth at the minute too so could be a combination of things really! That's good to know about your lo though because I think he'll prob head towards 10.5 hrs at night an then readjust to more as he drops the 2 nd nap so just the reassurance I needed-thanks! How did you actually get from this situation to the one nap and how long was the one nap when you cut the 2nd? Henry gets 1.5hrs at the minute for nap 1 but I'm thinking to go to even 2.5 when he's only on one! Any thoughts? Xx

Offline trimbler

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 18:49:11 pm »
Well it was a while ago with DS and we're not there yet with DD, but we did short am, long pm naps with DS so a slightly different scenario. I know everyone I've heard from has had a messy experience of the 2-1 though, just to warn you, but this is your third, right(?), so you'll probably already know that ;) So we hung onto the morning (UT) CN, capping it shorter when needed, until he started refusing it at home, but continued to take it with his CM, up until the spring daylight savings, which fell in a school holiday so we could be more,flexible, and worked conveniently in our favour as he could then naturally wake later to have his one nap only a little earlier than previously (but an A time of 5h) - which fitted in well with the CM. Not sure if that makes sense, and of course would only work so neatly with the spring daylight savings! Anyway, the one nap was of variable length to start with, he might wake after 1.5h one day but resettle; another day he couldn't resettle. This seems to be a common experience around here before it finally lengthens and stabilises. Some LOs will do 3h straight! Mine did 2.5h at first, but after a while I had to start capping it as we were getting EWs and he needed to be a bit more tired at BT to do a decent night.