Author Topic: All of a sudden short naps for a 10 week old  (Read 1481 times)

Offline annar840

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
All of a sudden short naps for a 10 week old
« on: August 08, 2015, 15:43:27 pm »
So, my 10 week old was napping very well up until 2 days ago. He used to nap 1.5-2 hours every time. I was able to lie him down and he would fall asleep. And if he would wake he would fall back asleep. Now he wakes up after 35 minutes and can't settle. I'm not really sure what to do. Do I go in? Do I  try to soothe him back? I really don't want to. I don't want him to expect me to help him every time but he is still little. I struggle with myself. So this morning I waited until it was 2.5 hours instead of the usual 3 since his last feed and went to go get him and fed him. He stayed up for an hour and I put him back down drowsy and he immediately fell asleep. By the way, I used to have to wake him for feeds every 3 hours during the day. Now I'm kicking myself for it... Any advice?!?

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: All of a sudden short naps for a 10 week old
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 17:04:49 pm »
Sounds kind of normal for this age, probably not what you want to hear though ;). What is he doing when he wakes?  If he's happy for sure leave him to it and he may drop back off, but if he's upset you should go to him.  If he's falling asleep in the beginning on his own the fact he's waking suggests something might need a bit of a change.  Perhaps a bit more A time?  What's your routine right now?

Offline annar840

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 22:27:25 pm »
Hi! Thanks for your reply. I don't know if he needs more A time.
He looks tired and shows cues to go down. My routine is the following:

7:wake and eat
8-8:15: down for nap
9:30-10: wake and eat
11/11:15: down for nap
1: wake and eat
2/2:30: down for nap
4: wake and eat
5: down for catnap
5:30/5:40: wake and eat
6:30 bath
7-7:15 down for bed

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 11:17:17 am »
Routine looks good and A times pretty average for this age.  If he's been like that for a while though I would try just an extra 5 mins or so A time and see if you get a better nap.  We were plagued by 37 minute UT naps when DD was younger!  Is he happy when he wakes?  And how does your day actually go at the moment with short naps?