Author Topic: How to transition to ff in one go? 10 wk old baby  (Read 1361 times)

Offline Mumofs

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
How to transition to ff in one go? 10 wk old baby
« on: August 10, 2015, 12:19:11 pm »
Hi

Currently my 10'wk old daughter is bf and we introduced a dream feed at 9 wks of ff. I now need to move onto exclusive ff because I need to be on meds

We have been trying to give her a bottle over the last few days but she would only take between 1-2 ozs. She is approx 13pounds so I've had to top her up.

We have tried someone else giving the bottle, me being in another room, different bottles. 

I am really nervous about just switching in case she doesn't feed. Anyone had any experiences or advice?

Thanks

Offline TB9

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 60
Re: How to transition to ff in one go? 10 wk old baby
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 15:51:27 pm »
What flow of nipple/teat do you have on the bottle?  If you have been breastfeeding your LO may prefer a variable flow nipple on the bottle.  Also, my dd2 was very picky about the taste of her formula...I tried switching her to a generic brand and she wanted none of it!  If the nipple flow seems ok, you may have to try a different formula.  Try tasting it yourself to see.  We had dd2 on a reduced lactose formula that actually tasted not half bad.  If you can find  formula that tastes a little sweeter, more like breastmilk, then your LO may transition easier :)

Offline ~*Nicole*~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 178
  • Formerly: *Nicole-Ava's mom*
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 16:42:47 pm »
If it's possible to mix breast milk and formula before switching totally that might help. They do taste very different.

Offline Mumofs

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 19:21:26 pm »
Thanks for your comments. We are using nuk bottles which seems to be the best for her. On her dream feed she takes max 2.5oz. When we try her during the day she will take only a little. I didn't consider she wouldn't like it really more that she prefers the comfort and enjoys feeding from me which I understand and don't blame her really