Author Topic: Nap advice - nearly 9 months old  (Read 877 times)

Offline Freckles1981

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 11, 2015, 10:39:16 am »
Good morning ladies

I'm after a little bit of advice with naps & early wakings please, as I'm not sure if these go hand in hand. We can't get our little one to take a nap longer than 40 minutes in the afternoon, but the morning nap is generally good at around 1hr - 1hr20 (this has reduced down from 2hrs over the last month or so).

Our EASY is like this:

Wakes 07.00
E: 07.15 bottle, breakfast @ 9
A
S: 10.20 till 11.40
E: 11.45 bottle, lunch @ 13
A
S: 14.50 till 15.30
E: 15.40 bottle, dinner @ 17
A
E: 18.20 bottle
S: 18.45

I've tried reducing the awake time in the afternoon and increasing it, but we still get a 40 minute nap. The only thing that does change this is when we get a 40 minute morning nap, then his afternoon nap is usually an hour or so. Do you think this means he is getting enough day sleep for him? He usually wakes from his 40 minute naps quite upset, but he won't resettle if we go in to him.

He also wakes in the morning at around 5.30/5.50am and seems quite awake & happy. If we leave him, he will often go back to sleep after an hour or so for another 30/40 minutes. Do we need any tweaks to stop the early wakings? I'm concerned as I go back to work very soon and I will need to be getting him up by 7 for nursery, but this is sometimes just when he falls back to sleep. If we get him up at 5.30/5.50am, his whole day is shifted left and i don't know if we'd need to go back to three naps again?

Thanks

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: Nap advice - nearly 9 months old
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 01:56:18 am »
Hi there! Lots of LOs are on one long ( at least an hour) and one ( often  grumpy!) shorter nap so I think you are good there. How long has he been on these A times? I wonder if he needs a nudge of 15 minutes or so? IS it light where you are around when he is waking? Anything he could be hearing at that hour that could be awaking him? It is great that he goes back out by himself, especially as he has already had nearly 11 hours of sleep then, which some LOs call a full night. I know he wakes happy, but any sign of teeth? Keep us posted!

Maryn

[/url]