Author Topic: Plan for weekend trip away with no cot  (Read 870 times)

Offline K-JDA

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Plan for weekend trip away with no cot
« on: August 15, 2015, 08:01:19 am »
Hi All

DS is 35 months and still in his cotbed with the sides on. He has never attempted to escape so I haven't really considered transition to a BBB yet!

We are going away for 3 nights in a couple of weeks. Not sure of the sleeping arrangements yet as there will be 6 couples, 2 of whom have kids (DS is one of these kids).

There will be no cot and DS flatly refuses to consider a travel cot - he just hates them.

So am hoping he will have a bedroom and single bed but he might have to share a room with me and DH.

Was wondering about getting one of those blow up beds with a built in sheet - has anyone tried one? Or are there any other ideas we could try?

Anyone got any advice on how we go about making sure DS gets some sleep in a scenario such as this?! Am starting to panic slightly!

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Plan for weekend trip away with no cot
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 11:27:37 am »
We have tried the ready bed but DS was a bit fidgety in it, we do mattress on the floor in same room as us when we're at grandparents. Has anyone got a little camp bed up blow up single mattress you could borrow?x
Zoe

Offline twogirlsmommy

• Showing Appreciation 30
  • aka Brennasmommy
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 13:24:03 pm »
dd2 is around the same age.  We went on a cruise in July and they had supplied a travel cot but there was no room to walk so we just put her on the twin bed and rolled up blankets so she wouldn't roll out.  She did fine with it.  We also went to visit friends and I have a blow up mattress for dd1 and my friend had a travel cot but I think dd2 is too big now.  Luckily they had a pull out couch so dd1 slept on the couch and dd2 on the air mattress.  I will say there were times when I woke up and she was passed out on the floor instead of the mattress but she never woke up when she rolled off so I didn't worry about it lol.

Offline K-JDA

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 20:53:00 pm »
Thanks guys! Might take an air bed and see how we go! Eek!

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 07:11:27 am »
Lol might go well. For ages my DS didn't realise he could get out of a bed  ;D
Zoe