Author Topic: Almost 7 month old with sweet tooth  (Read 4601 times)

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: Almost 7 month old with sweet tooth
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2015, 11:06:42 am »
And soft food he can hold in his hand and gum. Vegetables or fruit in finger shapes or wedges like carrot, pepper, green beans,  asparagus, avocado, sweet potato, potato (homemade chips), parsnip, squash, pear, banana, apple, plum, apricot etc. Anything really as long as it isn't too salty or has sugar added.

Can you remind me if he is an independent sleeper in the day and at BT? I'm wondering if it's a prop issue.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2015, 13:35:03 pm »
Might be he needs a bit of a routine tweak, this age is generally when they shift from 3 to 2 naps. Though the crawling could well be the cause too, mine like to wake up at night and practice!

Will he sit in a high chair? Personally I would want to stop with the toys now before it becomes a habit, but totally a personal choice.
Heidi

Offline Bella89

• Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2015, 19:28:12 pm »
He doesn't sit on his own yet, so I didn't want to put him in a high chair. But I am planning on giving him sweet pees as finger food this week. I hope he won't choke or anything?

He is on 2 naps for a while now. Sometimes we have a cat nap around 5pm when starting a day at 5:/ more and more often we start a day before 6:/

Today he woke up 7 times I think. All of them crying, which is not normal for my DS. I think he is teething though. He is almost 7 months and doesn't has teeth yet, he was chewing toys all day long.

He's got his appetite back!!!:) i just hope it's not temporary. i'm cooking more to his sweet taste-jams, carrots. He loves it! Thank you guys.

I still have some trouble with first milk feed, he will have like 2oz at 7:30, but eats quite a lot of rice and fruit at 9. I wonder if I'm doing a right thing here doing solids 3 times a day?

Offline *Ali*

• Forum Moderator
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2015, 21:54:29 pm »
Sorry, I'm not sure what sweet pees are ??? Sweet peas are flowers so assuming you don't mean that. We have something called sugar snap peas which are green shells with small peas in but not sure that is what you mean. They can be quite stringy I find.  Or do you mean small, round green garden peas? I wouldn't give those at this age as a first food as yes, he may well get one caught in his throat. Unless you plan to squash them. Sorry, I may have misunderstood completely.

Maybe he is t hungry until later in the morning. What if you offer milk again at 9 immediately before solids?

Offline Bella89

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2015, 07:16:48 am »
Yes, I meant garden peas, sorry for that. I will wait with peas then. I gave him banana slices this morning. All of them landed on the floor. None of it in his mouth:/ it was first time with banana though. He seemed not to like it. Will try with something else:)

I missed your question about him being an independent sleeper, sorry. I was worried it might be the case:/ He falls asleep without any trouble when he is tired just enough. Has 2 naps 1,5-3 h each. But he falls asleep with his pacifier. Spits it out after few minutes. He woke up 5 times today. 3out of that 5 I managed to settle him with pacifier,  once with numbing gel for his gums and 1 BF. I feel like maybe his gums hurt and he wakes but cannot fall asleep without a pacifier, since he always needed it. Ooh, i was dreading this moment:( What do you think?

Offline *Ali*

• Forum Moderator
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2015, 08:26:11 am »
Yes it could be that the paci has become a prop. Also those naps sound quite long if he is having 2 big ones so it might be worth posting on a sleep board to look at his routine.

I find with banana they can hold it better if you cut it into lengths about a third of the length of the banana and then push your finger down the middle to split it into its 3 natural parts. You can also roll it in baby cereal to make it less slippery.

Offline Bella89

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2015, 19:16:09 pm »
That's brilliant!
Thanks