Author Topic: Nap schedule with late riser  (Read 947 times)

Offline ljearnshaw

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Nap schedule with late riser
« on: August 15, 2015, 18:17:27 pm »
In the last few days my 8 and a half month old baby has started waking later at 8am, in fact today I had go wake him! (Yes I feel like Im living the dream!)  Previous to this he was always up around 7-7:20. My question is what do I do with his nap routine as bedtime is just getting pushed back later and later. Would this be a good time to transition to one nap a day? Or should I set an alarm and wake him around 7am to keep his day on track? Here was his EASY routine up until a few days ago:

7:20 Wakes/BF
9am E
10:15-12pm S
12pm- BF
1:30pm- E
3-4:30/5- S
5pm- BF
6:15PM- E
7pm- BF
7:30/8 (depending how late nap 2 went)- S

His awake time is around 3 hours at the moment. This morning he was awake at 8am so I just put him down for his first nap at 11:10 as a bit of an experiment. I'm guessing he may just have to do a catnap in the afternoon.

I'd really appreciate your thoughts on how to handle this as we've had so much incredible help on here in the past.

Thanks in advance.

Many thanks,

Laura

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Nap schedule with late riser
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 18:56:31 pm »
Too early for one nap in my opinion, he needs to handle 4.5-5h A time before he can do that :) I would either wake in the morning, or leave him but wake from his second nap at a time to keep bedtime on track x

Offline ljearnshaw

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Nap schedule with late riser
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 22:10:03 pm »
Thank you so much Katherine.

I think I'll def start waking him from the second nap and I'll just see how the mornings go. Will start waking him if its throwing off his day too much.

Appreciate your input.
Many thanks,

Laura