Author Topic: Need some BTDT and sympathy from parents of EWers / long NWers  (Read 5813 times)

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Need some BTDT and sympathy from parents of EWers / long NWers
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2015, 18:28:57 pm »
How did yesterday/last night go in the end?

1h10 naps here seem to happen a lot with built-up OT and discomfort.  A couple of weeks ago as last canine was cutting we had a string of 1h10 naps.  So I don't think they are necessarily UT ones, at least they haven't seemed so here.  That said if I push for a normal A time after a bad night I can usually get a long, though often broken nap.  But it's easier to resettle than if I put down early and get a short one.

B's nights are much better, not perfect and as you say still prone to EW.  If anything isn't right in his little world we get NWs.  But once we left him to it a bit, or at least sat with him while he worked out how to settle himself the results were pretty quick, a day or two at most for things to improve.  If not in number of wakings at least in duration.  I think he's quite prone to developing habits, I hesitate to call them props as he maintains independent sleep at the start of naps and nights, but it can often take us 'manning up' a bit (lol!) after a run of unsettled nights to just tough out the waking with him and convince him (again) that he can do it.

Offline Emami

• Showing Appreciation 41
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2015, 20:35:37 pm »
She did a 30min afternoon nap as expected, so not enough day sleep and she was up from 3-4:30 last night. But it was better in that the NW was less than 2hrs (how depressing that I have such a bad benchmark!), and she did settle herself with me in the room but no intervention. It still took longer than I'd like but could've been worse.
Emma

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2015, 10:48:19 am »
Agreed, could definitely have been worse :)  Fingers crossed now she's done it once it will be shorter next time x

Offline Emami

• Showing Appreciation 41
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2015, 10:39:16 am »
Sorry I'm back for another moan :(

So to pick up our riveting tale of bad nights, DH had a week off work and we were planning on getting Annabel back to settling herself without bum patting / mattress bouncing, and hopefully in less than the 2hrs+ that she was awake most nights. Well, we had a good week.  We left her to it a bit more rather than rushing in, let her complain but didn't intervene unless she was really upset, and after the first couple of nights she was only having one quick wake up and even slept through a couple of times.

That was two weeks ago, and then this last week (now that everybody actually has to get up in the morning for work and school  >:( ) it has gone to pot again. She is working on teeth 7 and 8, and also has a horrible cough that is definitely keeping her awake. Really I'm just here for a whinge as I don't think it's routine (although she is napping badly at the moment with the cough), she is just so susceptible to being thrown off by anything and everything.  So teeth and illness is a winning combination ::) Last night she went to sleep easily and resettled fairly quickly, but just couldn't stay asleep. She was up every hour coughing. Also meds don't seem to make any difference with her so I'm at a loss what to do really.
Emma

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2015, 11:26:14 am »
Nothing but (((hugs))) I'm afraid :-* B is exactly the same, he is just a sensitive sleeper. Hang in there, she's shown you she can do it and she will do it again xxx