Author Topic: Refusing naps 22 month  (Read 758 times)

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 16, 2015, 14:37:59 pm »
Hello,

My Lo is Refusing naps. She cries and gets upset. But at 4 she falls a sleep. I wake her after 30 minuten.

Before bt was at 7.15
Wake up 6-6.30
Nap 1.30

What can i do if she falls a sleep.And what is a good bedtime if she does not nap or nap That late?

Hope some one van help.

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: Refusing naps 22 month
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 03:45:57 am »
Is she in a big girl bed or a crib?  If she's in a BGB I would recommend telling your LO that she doesn't have to sleep, but she must stay in her room for _____ amount of time.  She can quietly read or just lie on her bed and think but she must stay in her room.  Odds are high she'll fall asleep on her own, without actually meaning to.  Do you have a Groclock?

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 05:54:29 am »
Hello

She is still in a crib.   I do tell her to be quit and sleep. If she does not i go back and give her Books to read and tell her she has to stay there.

Yesterday she falls at 4 a sleep i did wake her after 30 min. But then she was really cranky so we put her at 6.30 in bed. She was then awake and not want to sleep. Fall a sleep crying at 7.
Did wake today at 6.50 zo later then normal. Normal she wake at 5.30---6.30.

Yes i do have a gro clock.  Did not use yet.what van i do.  Sleeping a nap That late does not help.

Offline lauradj

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 61
Re: Refusing naps 22 month
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 03:58:01 am »
What time do you attempt to get her down for her nap?  What I might suggest is put a few books in her crib, maybe a lovey and then set the groclock for whatever time you want her to rest until and just leave her in her crib.  If she's crying, obviously go to her but if she's just calling out for you, at best, I would open the door to her room once, maybe twice and just say "This is rest time, you need to lie down and close your eyes.  I'll come get you when the sun is up."  I would only do that for the first 2 or 3 days and then not go in any more.  It's going to take a while for her to adjust to this, and you'll need to be consistent but a 30 minute rest at 4pm is too late.  Ideally you'd want her laying down for an hour around 1pm.  If you can get her to do that, then perhaps you could lengthen the time by 15 mins over a few weeks until she's napping for 1.5.
On days she will not nap, I'd aim for her to be in bed by 6:30pm, no later.