Author Topic: high sleep needs 23 month old suddently stopped sleeping! what?!  (Read 870 times)

Offline mommytogabriel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0

My baby boy has always been very high sleep needs! Up until a couple days ago he was still taking 2hrs plus naps and slept through the night. Suddenly, he has refused to nap. Just talking away in his bed!! No even 5 min worth of sleep in the 2 hours hes been in bed! Someone please help.. what time should i put him now tonight with no day sleep

Typical easy
wake 630/7
nap 12-2/230
bed 7

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: high sleep needs 23 month old suddently stopped sleeping! what?!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 19:21:25 pm »
Can you AP a short nap in the car or stroller then go for an early bedtime, say 30 mins earlier than usual?  If an absolute no go then I'd go for a super EBT of say 5.30pm and hope he tacks on well x

Offline mommytogabriel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 19:22:48 pm »
So he ended up passing out at 2. I woke him at 250.. he was hysterical.

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 19:27:26 pm »
He'll be very tired with the long A time and the short nap, hugs it's not fun.  Been there..... Snacks and TV distraction wee helpful here with DD, and I'd do an early BT x

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 22:24:29 pm »
Hi there I'm the other mommy to a Gabriel who is 25.5 months old :) we had the same problem at about 23 months. First it started with taking a long time to fall asleep at night then I started capping nap to an hour in order to get good bedtime then he started not napping and it lasted for about 2 weeks! Just talking in crib or crying and calling for me. I tried to push nap later but nothing worked that actually made it worse. His molars were coming in and I think that might have been the reason. He started napping again for about 1-1.5 and just stopped napping again at 25 months but now it's because he can climb out of crib. No real advice accept that hopeful it's temporary and just to do ebt if you get no naps. My gabe won't apop a nap so I had no choice. I would do 10.5-11 hour day. So if he was up at 7 id do bedtime around 630. Just hope he tacks on and you don't get ew. Good luck :)

Offline mommytogabriel

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 03:35:33 am »
Thank you once again for your advice Based on your Gabriels experience! I put him to bed 615pm, he fell asleep at 7. Hoping for a good morning! I just don't understand How you go from a 2hr+ nap to nothing?!

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 07:00:37 am »
Weird development thing around birthday time, it seems pretty common (and annoying!)