Author Topic: Help needed 1-0 and in a pickle  (Read 649 times)

Offline lolsyb1982

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
Help needed 1-0 and in a pickle
« on: August 18, 2015, 06:05:34 am »
Hi ladies

We just can't do away with this last short cat nap but it's completely ruining things now.

Until a few weeks ago DD was having a 20min nap in the car and 11hr nights. Then nights dropped to 10/10.5 and wu become 5/5.30am....

Now we're stuck in that vicious circle of EW and being tired so having that short nap to get to a more reasonable BT of 7. When she is rested enough she can handle NND pretty well and can do about a 12.5hr day. Problem is she usually only does an 11/11.5 max night and so wu is still early but she's had more sleep (unlike me!)

I'm really conscious of not getting into an early to bed early to rise habit as we ended up there with the 2-1 and it took months to get out of it and was pretty terrible.

What do I do for now? Really she needs to be able to handle a 13hr NND and ideally wu would be 6 and BT 7 but I don't know how to get there??!!

Didn't think this transition would be so hard but it's starting to drive me nuts. I should also add that one day I tried giving her a long nap (think was nearly 1.5hrs) and a late BT of 8 in the hope we could get a 6am wu but I think that just gave us a shorter night of 9ish hours so not sure a long catch up nap works anymore...
Lauren

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Help needed 1-0 and in a pickle
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 03:34:00 am »
What time is the 20 min nap at? Is that flexible at all? Just pondering if it would be better off shifted earlier or later to see if it helps. We are done with naps now but those days of trying to figure out a tiny catnap are fresh in my mind! Transistions are never fun.
Heidi

Offline lolsyb1982

• Showing Appreciation 34
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 05:15:09 am »
It's not set, just happens whenever we happen to be in the car that day. I never purposely put her in the car to APOP it.

Yesterday she was with my mum who said she was whingy from wake up (5am) so knew she was OT.
She fell asleep at 10am on their way somewhere. Mum gave her 15mins. I asked her to try an EBT to see if she might catch up and she slept 6pm until 5.30 this morn so a much better night.

Today I would then usually do nnd after that long night but can't do 6pm bedtime now I'm back at work..
Lauren

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 13:42:12 pm »
What is the earliest bedtime you can do? Might need to keep the catnap for those days when she can't do an ebt.
Heidi