Author Topic: 7.5 month waking 2 hours into night and seems to think it was just a nap!  (Read 1199 times)

Offline roimata9

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
HI there,
My boy is a great sleeper, he's on a 3:15ish A time at 7.5 months. Usually he just does two naps AM is around 2 hours, PM is 1-1.5 hours, but if they are short (generally if we're out he does short naps) he will have three with shorter A times.
The last few nights he has woken 2 hours after going to bed, and wants to be up for another A time. We tried for three hours last night to get him back to sleep, using all the tricks we had!
Would extending his final A time help with that? I thought I could try maybe 3:30 before ebed, but would love some advice.

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
How often do the three nap days happen?  I would try for two naps as much as possible now and use EBT rather than a third nap unless absolutely necessary. You could definitely try a longer A time before bed though equally a shorter one may help too, usually those early NWs are OT rather than UT but all LOs are different :) any signs of discomfort? That would be my only other thought x

Offline roimata9

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Thanks for your reply.
Usually with his OT wakings, he is upset and resettles easily - especially if I breastfeed him. These recent ones are more angry because he's still in the cot and when I get him up he's happy as larry and will play around on the nipple.
There could be discomfort, but it's hard to tell with him as he's so easygoing!