Author Topic: How long should I let lo apop nap in car  (Read 1005 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: August 21, 2015, 18:49:20 pm »
We are in the 1-0 transition and once in a while he will fall asleep in the car around 230. How long should I let him sleep in order to keep a 12 hour day ( which is his norm for a no nap day)?

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
Re: How long should I let lo apop nap in car
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 02:47:32 am »
He slept from 240-3 and I woke him getting out of car. He woke hysterical and was for 20 mins straight! It was so not worth it! I put him to bed at 715 being that he was up at 7 this morning and it took him almost 45 mins to fall asleep. I've heard of so many kids this age (2-3) still napping for 2-3 hours and sleeping 11 hours at night! This 1-0 is for the birds.

Offline lolsyb1982

• Showing Appreciation 34
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 04:50:45 am »
We are at the end of the 1-0 too and it's not fun is it!

If DD has a 15/20 min nap we would do a 13hr day as 12 would be too short for her. She can just about handle 12.5 on a nnd.

Lauren

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 13:07:47 pm »
Same here. We'd have needed 5 hours A time so Id have gone for bed about 8pm. We needed a 13 hour day. In the end we just went cold turkey to no naps as it just wasn't worth it when they napped. Or if they did I just had to accept later bedtime. No fun at all x

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 13:42:47 pm »
Same thing here as Shiv, went cold turkey as the short catnap just made huge issues. For me it actually is a good thing with a third child we do not have to plan around naps anymore but my first dropped her nap at 2.5 which was no fun! They are all so different - DD2 was one of those 2-3 hour nappers!  So 1 out of 3 for me lol.
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 15:55:02 pm »
He seems to do 12 hours without nap (it was 10.5-11 hrs when first started dropping about 1-2 months ago. And a 13 hour day if he napped for 1 hour. So he's really only getting a total of 11 hours sleep no nap which seems to be lsn to me. I like to have him in bed by 8 at the latest so I try to make that work but I've also been told to keep trying and put him down for nap because he just might sleep lol. He did take a 1 hour nap one day this week and a 45 min nap from which he wakes miserable. Some days when we are out doing something mostly weekends we will skip nap but he's still having a hard time getting through the afternoon without one ( doesn't eat or play well) but still seems to need the 12 hours. It's so tricky to get it right!

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 19:34:11 pm »
When do they get to the point where they can actually "handle" not napping? My lo just walks around delirious, getting hurt, getting into trouble, can't focus. It's awful!