Author Topic: As if newborn terrible sleep isnt enough  (Read 4100 times)

Offline Florena49

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 27
Re: As if newborn terrible sleep isnt enough
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2015, 20:23:55 pm »
He seems to be better but his sleep is worse, he will be 2 in october could this be developmental?
 He staryed waking earlier, which means that he can barely make to 1 and he is OT bu then and usually wakes after 50 minites crying, easy to resettle though. He has also started crying ay BT, i mean he messes about sometimes and calls for us, but mever genuine tears, DH was putting
Him to bed yesterday and he just wouldnt let him go, everytime he left the room he burst into tears.
Today was
 6wu
1-3nap
8bt

He settled ok, but woke 8.40 and wanted to get into bed with us, he was sobbing bless
Him
Viktoria

Mum to Oskar 25/10/2013 and Maksim 19/07/2015

Offline cath~

• Showing Appreciation 152
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2015, 10:29:54 am »
Hi there

DD1 has always had a bit of wonky sleep/BTs just before her birthdays so it could certainly be that.

he just wouldnt let him go, everytime he left the room he burst into tears.
This could certainly be developmental. My DD1 had much more SA at BT just before her birthdays.

6wu
1-3nap
8bt
This doesn't look bad but was he asleep at 8pm or was that when you put him down?  How was the night and what time was WU the next day? I did wonder if he could also be a touch UT at BT with just 5hr A time after a 2 hr nap.  Might not be enough at this age... You could be in an UT/OT loop with long naps leading to short nights and then him being tired the next day leading to another long nap.. :-\

How is he when he's awake?  Any SA or signs of anything going on?
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old

Offline Florena49

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2015, 16:04:37 pm »
Hi Cath

Ues asleep at 8, generally it isnt a problem, sometime he will call me or DH ones and it just takes laying him down and kissing him good night and he is off to sleep.

Today was 7wu, nap 1-3 (woke after 1.10mins, but easily resettled and asleep straight away) will aim for 8pm BT but will see how it goes tonight.

His cold is gone, so providing he wakes 7ish tomorrow and has a decent night will move to 1.15 and see how that works out.

His nights have become worse, he is very restless and will cry out often, which again is unusual for him. Generally he woke once around 3am and it would be very easy to resettle and he would sleep until 7.
Today after 2 hour nap he was happy didnt cry when he woke, wanted to get out of the cot straight away and go downstairs, if he only has 1.10 mins he is whiney and tearful. So i guess it is a matter of shortening the nap for him and seeing if the nap waking goes.
Viktoria

Offline cath~

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2015, 09:31:32 am »
Hi - so sorry I haven't made it back to this for ages (birthday celebrations in our house took up more time than expected!).

Pleased he's over his cold. How has the last week been?

His nights have become worse, he is very restless and will cry out often, which again is unusual for him.
This was how my DD1 was with dev leaps around this age.

Does he have any SA during the day or just at BT?  I wonder if some of his insecurity could be adjusting to the new baby too?  It's a lot of change for them when a new sibling arrives isn't it.
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old

Offline Florena49

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2015, 18:51:09 pm »
He is adjusting to a little one in the family and i guess it doesnt help that there is some developmental stuff going on. I wouldnt say he has SA during the day, but he has become scared of things that never bothered him before. Any loud noises, bangs, even the hoover. We dont scare him, we just dont play games like that you know, so im not sure where did that come from. Could this also be developmental and his imagination playing tricks, as it develops.
He woke at 7 today
Webt to bed at 1-3
And now ready for bed with DH, hopefully asleep by 8.

So im wondering if it all to do with his development rather a need to change the routine. But i will see what time he wakes tomorrow
Viktoria

Offline cath~

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2015, 12:39:54 pm »
he has become scared of things that never bothered him before. Any loud noises, bangs, even the hoover. We dont scare him, we just dont play games like that you know, so im not sure where did that come from. Could this also be developmental and his imagination playing tricks, as it develops.
Yeah, I think it's pretty typical/common.  Esp during dev leaps with L I see she's a lot more sensitive too/scared of loud noises, for example.

It does sound to me like a lot could be developmental.  I think IIWM I'd keep his routine as it is for now as it looks pretty good.  Maybe once he's sleeping more soundly at night again though he might need a tweak.
DD1 - 8 years old
DD2 - 5 years old